News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Stamp It. Stomp It.

Started by Jak, 13 July, 2016, 19:41:40

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

Wooo, stilt trade stab, nice one
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

jakub.zahumensky

Damn, Jack, are you trying to kill us? :D I still can't walk properly from yesterday's sesh, my hamstrings are RUINED :D Never tried the lunar rover before, this will be interesting... the stilt to stab is nice, the inward LH flip not so much :D

Thank you for the vote, @fiddletriks ! :)

The Void

Oof. Given it a good shot. It's tough. Going to take a lot of tries for me.

Bloody hell, Ewan! Well done.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

fiddletriks

Haha thanks @TheVoid I only just got 180/almost360 rovers pretty recently haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
*welsh thistle*

Jak

I have a love/hate relationship with 360 rovers. Love landing them, hate the struggle of landing them. Haha. Got my first for the Outlink comp. There's a big difference in difficulty between 180 rover and the 360, hence why you have to do just 180, haha. I tried to be kind(ish).

I'm just trying to plan the next round, I  have a few ideas I'm toying with!

Jak

How are you guys getting on?

jakub.zahumensky

I found a great tutorial for the lunar rover yesterday - from Cooper Eddy. But I haven't had time to actually start practicing it yet... Hopefully tomorrow.

The Void

I've managed 2 half-rovers in total so far, just. In lots of attempts. How many more goes I give it will depend on the concatention of time/daylight/good weather/inclination/back-willingness in the next few days. We'll see....
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

jakub.zahumensky

Void, have a look at this if you haven't already: http://kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1303.msg27205.html#msg27205
Cooper gives a very detailed explanation on how to do the lunar. Might help. :) Hope that Jupiter is in the right position relative to Mars for you as well ;)

Jak

Cooper's tutorial is great, wish I'd seen this earlier. I've been doing it wrong lol.

The Void

Oooof. So, one last go tomorrow then....

jakub.zahumensky

On the stilt downspike, is there any rotation of the tama allowed?

Jak

Yeah,  tama can rotate,  as long as it's still a 'down' spike. For example, the tama can do a full rotation so the hole comes close to being directly above again for spiking. I'll give maybe a little more than 45 degree leeway from the tama's hole being directly on top.

jakub.zahumensky

OK, thanks :) I seem to be getting the hang of the (half)rovers, but there are other tricks as well that would need a LOT of practice, like the inward LH flip, stilts and the downspike from stilts... heh... But my j-sticks and earth turns are pretty solid :D LOL
Not much time and energy this week... I need to run now, I will have maybe 1-2 hours before the deadline after I get home tonight. Not sure about strength, though...

fiddletriks

C'mon @jakub.zahumensky @TheVoid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
*welsh thistle*