News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama Consistency Challenge #18 - Lighthouse keeping.

Started by Dadooh, 25 November, 2012, 08:29:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Dadooh

KKC#18 coming at 7 pm GMT, Saturday 1st December. Stay tuned.

Here is the prize: Oozora custom tama painted by a local artist.

BKA

We suspect there may be a slight clue in the name! :-)

Dadooh

Ok it's time. Kendama Concistency #18, Lighthouse keeping! 10 ways to catch a lighthouse. Have fun!

RULES
- Competition is open to all players, worldwide, as long as they are a member of this forum.
- Use a standard, competition-sized kendama, unless otherwise stated.
- Perform all tricks, in order, as specified, in a single run, with no misses, unless otherwise stated.
- Stay in shot the whole time.
- The kendama must be visible all the time.
- Hold Lighthouse 3 sec. each time.
- The first forum member to post a video of themselves completing the challenge in the relevant thread is the winner. (Pending approval by me).
- No sneakiness!
- The Winner wins glory and respect from the kendama community, and a custom Oozora tama (pics in the first post).

TRICKS (tell me if some names are wrong):

#1  1-turn lighthouse
#2  Inward 1-turn lighthouse
#3  Triangle lighthouse
#4  Hanging 1-turn lighthouse
#5  Spacewalk 1-turn lighthouse
#6  Swing in to 1-turn lighthouse
#7  Down spike to 1-turn lighthouse
#8  Pizza 1-turn lighthouse (start with the spike in the tama)
#9  Swap 1-turn lighthouse (start with a swing)
#10 Tap 1-turn lighthouse

VIDEO OF THE TRICKS:

shalafi

The video is just to prove that is possible :)

Never done many of them, will practice that ones. Interesting list of lighthouses.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

jafish41

The Void

BKA names would be
#3 is Hanging Triangle Lighthouse
#8 is Whirlpool 1-Turn Lighthouse

Nice looking ball... Does it represent the blue sky & sea, and the green land of Reunion? :-)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

jafish41

Dadooh

So Jake. I'm sorry to tell you that but you can't win with this run for obvious reasons. I mean that i think everyone here noticed that you did't hold lighthouse 3 sec. each time (the countdown starts when the ken stops moving). Most of the time, you held it only 1 or 2 sec. Sometimes you just did't hold it! I hope you understand that it is very important to read the rules and recpect them for more equality between players. By the way i'm sure you can do it cleaner so try again today. You still can win!

shalafi

Impressive, even thou the lack of 3 secs. I'm sure he's able to do it properly, looking forward to the next video of Jake with the proper stillness of the lighthouse.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

donald grant

Flicked on the computer this morning, saw the ladder and thought "that'll be there for a while" especially with the the two tricks coming at the end: shows how much I know :) !  Quality skills, Jake, but the setter/ prize giver calls the rules too.....
Give it another go, I have a feeling that if you can nail all these tricks back to back, then holding a lighthouse for three seconds shouldn't be too much of a problem!

(Then YOU can be the setter and make everyone hold their lighthouses for as long as you want ;) )

Donald

Oase

The Void

Quote from: The Void on 01 December, 2012, 22:44:51
Nice looking ball... Does it represent the blue sky & sea, and the green land of Reunion? :-)
OK, .... I just saw the other picture of the lettering. Sweet! :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

jafish41

Its cool guys! Ill just give it another go Haha! I respect the rules and the fact that you told me the truth

jafish41

jafish41