News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Really you should leave the video there (at least until someone does this trick), so that other people don't make the same mistake you did. Also, it didn't look to me like your Orbit was around the ball, which is... what an Orbit is! :)

PS Keep trying!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

shalafi

KenSan

@shalafi I think Ive just nailed it( had forgotten about it after the last attempt) will upload in a moment.
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

KenSan

shalafi

I think the throw is slightly below eye level, but I really want the Endless combo to roll on, so Accepted ;-)

Your turn to set a trick.

KenSan

KenSan

Okay if we are accepting my dodgy effort how about- Penguin base cup to Handle stall?

Dimensions

From my experience of American trick names, I assume 'Handle Stall' is a Backhand Clifftop

Next trick is:
122. [from Penguin Base Cup] > Backhand Clifftop
- Start from a penguin base cup
- Throw the ball
- Catch on Clifftop (outer ring) whilst still in ken grip
- Ballance still for 3 seconds

Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.
zdenc, Dimensions, The Void, shalafi & KenSan must sit out of this round.
Good luck everyone!
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

the milky oolong

Alright then...

Erm, that was werid, Gonna leave that up there for others in case this happens to them too during uploading. I'll drop it on juggling.tv and see what happens:

[mod edit: messing with YT link]
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

Dimensions

@the milky oolong the video is not one of the trick, is this some kind of joke that I don't understand? or just a faulty link?
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

the milky oolong

No joke, Rob. Just happened to me as I uploaded the vid. I put the url in normally, clicked post, then this video came up. Thought at first I'd copied the wrong url into the bar, but no, when I went back into the post the address had been changed automatically. No idea what that's all about, even if it is in about fifteen languages. Makes no sense to me, the vid uploaded normally.
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

shalafi

Quote from: the milky oolong on 08 May, 2015, 16:13:27
No joke, Rob. Just happened to me as I uploaded the vid. I put the url in normally, clicked post, then this video came up. Thought at first I'd copied the wrong url into the bar, but no, when I went back into the post the address had been changed automatically. No idea what that's all about, even if it is in about fifteen languages. Makes no sense to me, the vid uploaded normally.
I noticed yesterday that youtube links were importing that vid about the device content instead of the vid itself. I think it has to be with the http (without the s) support dropped by youtube (it happened to me when importing the one for the whirlwind)

I guess we should make a note on technical questions or so (or maybe @The Void will just read this and check it out)

In the meantime, you can just copy the video url from youtube (complete). It won't do the embedded player, but will be linkable.

shalafi

Now, talking about the trick. I thought that was a tough one, and it has been done in hours o_O (We still need confirmation from @KenSan)