News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

HansNickmans

Here it is, hope it is ok. Don't know if the timing is good.
First time competing, editing and uploading to JTV. What a day of firsts.

Endless Combo #54 - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

Kendama Belgium!

The Void

Quote from: HansNickmans on 10 December, 2013, 18:41:38Here it is, hope it is ok. Don't know if the timing is good.
Coo, it's really close on the final switch.... When judging, I often adopt the line of "Are there any reasons why I should fail this?", and in this case....

... I don't think so, so - You're good!! :-)

So, what's number 55?
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

HansNickmans

So next (#55) is something like a whirlwind swap and pop:

1. In tama grip, throw the ken and tama up
2. Grab the ken with your weak hand
3. Drop the tama and pop it back up
4. Throw a whirlwind from your weak hand to your strong hand
5. Catch tama in base cup.

There is some creativity possible with the grips. Just take what goes best for you, if the above steps are in it..you're good!
Kendama Belgium!

BKA

Nice idea!

Okay, so Joris, Sonicpearse, Void and Hans are now all in the draw to win the Sunrise or the Mystery prize. Meanwhile...

55.  Weak hand Aeroplane > Whirlwind Swap and Pop
Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait.
[user]HansNickmans[/user], [user]Cliffdama[/user], [user]joris.schweppe[/user], [user]Sonicpearse[/user] and [user]The Void[/user] must all sit out round 55.

Good luck everyone else!

The Void

Good to have a couple of new players involved since #50. If you've never "Endlessed" before, join in!
Yeah, looking at you, [user]RodDama[/user]! :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Dimensions

Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

BKA

So.... that's not a submission? Just an enquiry?

Dimensions

Ok I'm going to say if no one submits in the next 3 days that^ will be by submission

No it's not my entry... Yet
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

BKA

The trick is the difficult bit. This should be the easy bit.
Quote from: BKA on 10 December, 2013, 22:03:21Trick Rules
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.

HansNickmans

I did state that the final catch had to be in base cup. Although I like this way of catching the ken and going into whirlwind.
Trying it myself, I caught the ken in a pen grip, flipping it into a whirlwind with my thumb and index finger, catching it in another pen grip.

Not saying that it has to be done that way, but I did say base cup...

- Dimensions, I'm gonna try your way this evening, looks nice -
Kendama Belgium!

Mark

British STC: 2008 - 1st ....  2009 - 2nd ... 2011 - 4th
British Advanced Championship: 2011 - 4th

By markool89 at 2011-08-06

HansNickmans

Sorry for the late reply

Looks good to me! The whirlwind was possibly a little short on rotation, but I'm going to allow it, since the ken did go full circle. 

So, what's the next move Mark?
Kendama Belgium!

BKA

[user]joris.schweppe[/user], [user]Sonicpearse[/user], [user]The Void[/user], [user]HansNickmans[/user] and [user]Mark[/user] are now in the draw for the free Sunrise or Mystery Prize.

Mark

Quote from: HansNickmans on 18 December, 2013, 08:28:50
Sorry for the late reply

Looks good to me! The whirlwind was possibly a little short on rotation, but I'm going to allow it, since the ken did go full circle. 

So, what's the next move Mark?

Awesome! :D

Okay so the next trick is.....

Make the ball drop down and swing to Bat

Relatively easy I guess, but I really can't think of anything else!! 
British STC: 2008 - 1st ....  2009 - 2nd ... 2011 - 4th
British Advanced Championship: 2011 - 4th

By markool89 at 2011-08-06

BKA

56. Base Cup > Swing to Bat
Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait.
Successful entrants get put in the prize draw. Good luck everyone!

[user]joris.schweppe[/user], [user]Sonicpearse[/user], [user]The Void[/user], [user]HansNickmans[/user] and [user]Mark[/user] must sit out round 56.