News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoda

KENDAMA.COM.PL- POLISH KENDAMA COMMUNITY

Cliffdama

Can't wait wath the next trick will be. I'm in again!

br4d24

GAH  that was really fun! I wanna play again!

We should name this whole combo something unique to the forum, and then it will trump the tunbridge wells ridiculousness for the craziest (named) combo! How does "around the web/internet" sound?

BrandonYoder

You still haven't set a trick yet Bradley...haha
sounds like a cool idea though!

BKA

Well done br4d. But Yoda has confirmed...
Quote from: Yoda on 13 May, 2013, 14:28:24Excelent Brad! Congratulations!
...so it's time for you to set stage 13. What is it?

br4d24

ah geez sorry!

how about stab - throw lighthouse?

Dimensions

Quote from: br4d24 on 14 May, 2013, 01:32:12
We should name this whole combo something unique to the forum, and then it will trump the tunbridge wells ridiculousness for the craziest (named) combo!
Good idea
I think either "around the forum"
Or "around the ridiculous!"

But

Quote from: br4d24 on 15 May, 2013, 19:41:16
how about stab - throw lighthouse?
Say whaaaaat
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

BKA

The combo already has a name: "Endless Combo".

And that's presumably "Stab -> Fast Hand Lighthouse". There are possibly different ways of interpreting that, depending on how you execute the move....

br4d24

after the stab, what they do http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=D6_9BIGs6dA#t=220s

(have this video linked to a time. if it doesnt work its the last trick where they downspike to lighthouse. )

BrandonYoder

one of my favorite looking switches.
Now i just have to see if i can even do it. ha

shalafi

It seems to me that after the stab they switch to ball grip on the hand. Is that correct?

My initial understanding of the trick is that you had to throw ken and tama, then grab tama, then lighthouse, but in the video I can't see the ball leaving their hand.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

br4d24

Quote from: shalafi on 17 May, 2013, 08:45:38
It seems to me that after the stab they switch to ball grip on the hand. Is that correct?

My initial understanding of the trick is that you had to throw ken and tama, then grab tama, then lighthouse, but in the video I can't see the ball leaving their hand.

I asked Rod the same question and he said that he slightly throws it, but its such a small motion it would be hard to tell/wouldnt matter a huge deal (imo). I personally think its a little easier to give it a slight throw. It is a hard move though, getting it to stick once its on the tama is difficult

shalafi

br4d24

Okay how about i switch the trick to something easier? How about a horizontal earth turn in pen grip? Almost like a ufo but with the tama instead of ken. I can post video if anyone is confused, really not that hard of a trick though.

shalafi

That I can do :) not sure if I'll have time tomorrow, but on Thursday I should be able to record it.

I said it too quickly, the horizontal earth turn on Pen grip is quite more difficult than with normal grip, but definitely doable.