News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Is this right?

Started by Chadman, 10 June, 2012, 19:14:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Chadman

I am learning kenflips at the moment and I was wondering when I throw the ball in the air and flip the ken if I am allowed to swing the ball back up and it still being referred to as a kenflip?
Laxdama

BKA

We don't use the term "ken flip", since it seems to be used interchangably for what we would call Whirlwinds, Jumping Sticks and Somersaults! Rather too confusing.

I think you're talking about a Whirlwind. (The "pull-up" variation is Number 9 on [noembed]
http://juggling.tv/11705 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download[/noembed]) As for what's "allowed", that probably depends on context. If you're referring to some competition rules, then check with whoever set them. However, I think if you described yourself as having done a Whirlwind, most people would assume that the ball does not pass below the ken before being re-caught.

BKA

Welcome to the forum, by the way!

Chadman

Oh yeah I've seen that video, why didn't I remember that >.<
Anyways, thanks for the help and welcoming!  :)
Laxdama

TheKendamaSensation

It's wouldn't officially be considered one. But it is a great way to grow accustomed to it. I started with that when I first started practicing it. Are you talking about the one where it starts off the ken, or on the ken?