News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

Ah, I remembered it as swap spike, not as fast hand.

Will try to find some more time to practice that a bit more

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Matt Goody

nice vid @shalafi  :D

but not quite the fast hand...you got this!
Instagram
@g00dr0

shalafi

Quote from: Matt Goody on 07 September, 2017, 13:23:07
nice vid @shalafi  :D

but not quite the fast hand...you got this!
I know it is not it... I just need to find some time to play XD I did another short try on my way back at the airport and I got close but didn't land it just yet.

shalafi

Slightly out of frame and mediocre lightning, but this time it should be the right one.

Feel free to reject it due to poor quality @Matt Goody :)

Matt Goody

Instagram
@g00dr0

shalafi

Great, thanks.

So, next, reverse earth turn whirlwind (I think it hasn't been done yet)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

BKA

@shalafi Is that
Reverse Whirwind + Reverse Earth Turn
Or
Whirlwind + Reverse Earth Turn
?

shalafi

Actually none of those: Reverse Whirlwind + Earth turn (can be reverse or not, either one is good)

jakub.zahumensky

Quote from: shalafi on 08 September, 2017, 13:53:57
Actually none of those: Reverse Whirlwind + Earth turn (can be reverse or not, either one is good)

So, basically it's a regular inward whirlwind, right? (Oh, the consistency of naming kendama tricks... :D)

shalafi

Quote from: jakub.zahumensky on 08 September, 2017, 14:10:32
Quote from: shalafi on 08 September, 2017, 13:53:57

So, basically it's a regular inward whirlwind, right? (Oh, the consistency of naming kendama tricks... :D)
Yes, but feel free to do it with a reverse earth turn for the fun, now that you are back into the pool

BKA

Next...

169. [from loaded ken grip] > Reverse Whirlwind Earth Turn
- Throw the tama off the spike with a forward or reverse spin
- Reverse Whirlwind the ken (base cup starts moving towards you) and catch it again
- Catch the tama back on the spike after one spin

Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Anyone can enter. Just join this forum!
Trick Rules
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama. (16cm ken, 60mm ball)
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- Your trick set may end on an active ballance (i.e Candle Balance) but you can use an active ballance in a transition of a trick/set
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.

There is a prize of a Trojka 3 kendama for one random participant between tricks 151-175.
Currently in the draw: KenSan Jnr, The Void, the milky oolong, KenSan, s070s, Dimensions, Jakub, Ben Pycroft, fiddletriks, shalafi, John, Cliffdama, Matt Goody.

John, The Void, Cliffdama, Matt Goody & shalafi must sit out this round.

jakub.zahumensky

Quote from: shalafi on 08 September, 2017, 14:20:11
Quote from: jakub.zahumensky on 08 September, 2017, 14:10:32
Yes, but feel free to do it with a reverse earth turn for the fun, now that you are back into the pool

I've just tried and DAMN, that's proper weird. :D Will give it a go, though, if my energy levels allow me.

The Void

Didn't we have that in Outlink last year? (My memory fails me, and I'm too lazy to look it up. :) )
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

jakub.zahumensky

Quote from: The Void on 08 September, 2017, 14:33:58
Didn't we have that in Outlink last year? (My memory fails me, and I'm too lazy to look it up. :) )

I don't know, I left Outlink relatively early on last year and didn't follow it afterwards... same this year. So, who knows? ;)

Dimensions

I know!
It was a reverse earth turn with a regular whirlwind in Outlink, not two reverses
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6