News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

New arrivals thread (pics) - what did you just get?

Started by The Void, 31 January, 2014, 14:28:35

Previous topic - Next topic

theobau

Quote from: Dimensions on 15 April, 2014, 11:26:35
I think it's a Shin-Fuji healthy kendama or something like that

I think you're right! Thanks :-)

The Void

The only kendama I bought for myself in Japan. Premium white came out of its box the other day. Went back in to watch Max Oddball bounce juggle.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

I went crazy and bought another kendama.

Its much more purple than it looks in the picture.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Kev

Woke up to a Premium White Ozora and a hand made kendama card from a certain little friend of mine. Cool as.  :)

LarsVegas

I'll have a workshop tomorrow at the 2. Stuttgart Youth Circus Festival and I ordered 10 new Sunrise Streets. As of tonight only four people have registered. Whatever, I'm looking forward to it.

And here are the ten beauties - very nice colours.
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

emagdnim

daniel.patten.73

My first mugen musou.

Had a moment of "keep it pristine" pop into my brain after opening, but that faded into curiosity and regular play. Brought it to studio and the folks agree that this thing plays like a beauty.

The paint/coating reminds me of nail polish clear as it's glossy and yet has a medium-soft and rubbery tactile profile. The cups are generally 1.5 mm plus diameter compared to the kenUSA tributes. The wood has been tooled to a higher quality in appearance and feel. The "click" is a noticeably softer pitch or slightly muted when compared to other beech kendama as well.

The replaceable tips are very soft and scar very easily ate the tama hole edges. Comes with one extra string and tip but swooping the extras box is a good idea.

DamaLife24

Daniel you are very lucky! I can't wait till I get my first mugen! I'm hoping I have the money saved up by the time the new emerald green comes out!
Bryan Burnett

emagdnim

daniel.patten.73

Quote from: DamaLife24 on 03 May, 2014, 17:00:55
Daniel you are very lucky! I can't wait till I get my first mugen! I'm hoping I have the money saved up by the time the new emerald green comes out!

I hear ya Bryan! Had to resist the urge to splurge at events before the release date and camp out on their site twenty minutes before the magic hour. Post the green when you get it! It looks super rad.

DamaLife24

I feel you there Daniel! I plan on camping out on the site for a while to secure my order! But I'm also kinda torn between buying a grain theory kendama. They look just as amazing and I hear they play just as well as a mugen. But I will indeed post pics when they come!
Bryan Burnett

The Void

Was given this 1st Gen Sunrise as a present at the weekend. Thanks [user]donald grant[/user]!

The Void

Kev

Just got myself this lovely Krom Invert Zebra as a little treat for achieving my 1st Dan earlier this month, (you gotta reward progress right?)

Plays really nicely, with a solid, heavy and clunky feel. Feels well balanced and has been nicely made.

And . . .  it's a lovely sunny day so heading outside with it now!

DamaLife24

Bryan Burnett