News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

NEWCASTLE JAM 13/10/18 hosted by Sound Kendama

Started by paulsayer, 12 September, 2018, 12:33:34

Previous topic - Next topic

paulsayer

Hey guys!

We've got a NCL jam happening October 13th.

EVENT LINK:
https://www.facebook.com/events/302107993702177/

Format for event is 1v1 KEN Battle, mini-games, beginner's comp + more.

FULL DAY PLAN

11am MEET-UP/OPEN JAM
-   MEETING POINT: Old Eldon Square.
-   Grassy, central area close by to shops and train stations.
-   Please ensure you're here by 12pm LATEST as we're heading to the venue as a group.
1pm – 2pm ASSEMBLE/REGISTRATION
-   MEETING POINT: Ernest Café, 1 Boyd Street NE2 1AP. The venue itself is across the road.
-   Entry into the comp is £3 per person.
-   If you enter into the Beginner Open you are welcome to join in the K.E.N battle. If you are unsure whether your skill level permits you entry, you can decide on the day/let us decide for you. It is meant to be a battle, not an annihilation...😉
2pm – 3pm BEGINNER OPEN
-   The format is classic Open style 1v1 knockout. We'll play 3 lives each up until the final, then it's 5 lives.
-   Full breakdown of procedure/rules will be available on the day.
-   TIP: Practice every trick on the list! Especially the ones you know people will struggle with.......
3pm – 4:30pm K.E.N BATTLE
-   This is the main event and is open to ALL levels.
-   Full rules breakdown is available on the Instagram story highlights.
-   Summary: playing to K.E.N until final then it's to K.E.N.D.A.M.A. No extended string/cup flow lines – 1-3 tricks in a sequence is preferred. It's up to player's discretion until Finals, when a judge will have the final say.
-   TIP: Winning K.E.N is as much about landing tricks as it is about figuring out your opponent's weaknesses......
4:30-5pm PRIZES + PACK-UP
-   We're out the door by 5pm guys so any help packing up is always appreciated.
-   THANKS FOR READING THIS FAR NOW COPY THIS PLAN AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR PHONE SOMEHOW.

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

BKA

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

I did think about coming, but I'm off to a wedding later. Have fun dudes!

BKA

BKA