News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

grotesquecub

Quote from: kendamatty on 12 October, 2011, 19:53:50
Today I am very chuffed and got simultaneous left and right hand pull up spike > earth turn! I struggle with writing my name with me left hand, so all in all muchos happy! the new edit is under way, deadline December time, no student free time anymore so have to pace myself more...  :D

Haha, i've seen you just lazing around!

...on another note, Today (technically yesterday) i got my first triple jumping stick and two consecutive double UFOs  ;D

LarsVegas

gave my first lessons in Kendama. Well, as kendamatty said "technically yesterday" I had the first group of aspiring clickers in our youth circus. Granted, there were only three of them, but that's a start as well. Funny thing is, that I only really started to play seriously this summer. But I don't see myself as a teacher in this discipline but more than a slightly more advanced player who keeps the group together (and has the key to the gym). I suppose, we'll try to advance together. Let's see how long I'll be better than them.

I'm looking forward to give the next lessons.
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

AlexSmith

Today I broke the string on my yellow KCN battle. This is especially frustrating due to the fact I have no extra strings, since I used all my extra strings on all of the Terra products :(
(string we bought looked identical to normal dama string, but didn't make it through our proto testing)

shalafi

Not too fancy, but I managed "Around the Cosmos" I usually don't even try it, but today I was doing a round or "Arounds" (Village, Prefecture, Japan, World, Europe, Cosmos) and it was not that hard.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

AlexSmith

Nice work, 1500 is nothing to laugh about! That's getting to the point of a serious leg workout!

The Void

Thanks. It was quite boring. Goodness knows how the Japanese guys concentrate for their 8-hour runs!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Thorny

Managed a good ol' triple lighthouse flip earlier!

The Void

Quote from: Thorny on 26 October, 2011, 01:45:10
Managed a good ol' triple lighthouse flip earlier!
Only 1 thing to say to that.... "Flipping heck!" :)

Adam K

Been working a lot on consistency recently drawing inspiration from the consistency comps (though I am nowhere near ready to enter them yet)

• My falling down happens way more often than it used to
  • 4 bird -> spike in a row
  • tomeken -> 8 earth turns
  • airplane -> 5 jumping sticks (sheer dumb luck)
  • Slip Grip Special -> spike two separate times in ken grip (man is it hard to avoid using your thumbs)
  • small cup -> bird -> spike -> big cup -> bird -> spike

The Void

Nice one Adam, some good stuff there. Getting tricks nice and solid is a good feeling.

On that point, today I self-certified myself as 4th Dan for the 3rd time. Still very inconsistent, and way more likely to fail than succeed, but I"m progressing. A very long way from 5th still....

LarsVegas

... completed the Beginners' ladder of the European open for the first time! It's part of my daily warm up and with the exception of "Around the village" (2), "Aeroplane", "Around Japan", and "Lighthouse" (3 each), I made every trick at the first try.

Ah, only 3 months too late ...
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

Peter

... failed two times in a row the Czech Trick Ladder, and decided, not to join the competition in Zlin. This is not easy for me, believe me. I loved the ladder and joining the event and meeting some enthusiastic players. Yet, after the change of location from beloved Prague, obviously I changed my mind, unconsciously, too. The reason is not that I don't know Zlin so far (have been traveling to Prague severall times and love it, but Zlin would be rather new), yet the traveling distance is too far for someone who ends the ladder with a triple fail at the "faster than gravity": 10 hours in the train, 2 minutes on the stage..."? Sorry Mirek.

My key finding of this week: "Doing Earth turns all day long is nice, but doesn't help you improving your overall skills".

The Void

Today I copied Dave and managed to Hydra The World, after many attempts.

Dave

Today I landed around tunbridge wells. On film!
BALL AND CUP!