News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

[Pre-release] Tribute

Started by BKA, 13 December, 2011, 00:50:21

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

KendamaUSA have a new kendama coming out in February - the Tribute. A limited number are available now, but these pre-releases come with paint that is prone to chipping, by their own admission.
http://kendamausa.com/2011/12/11/the-tribute-kendama-is-here/

AlexSmith

If the paint is similar to the kenUSA 1.0 kens, then I don't have too much of a problem with it. It isn't the highest quality paint around, but it isn't the worst either. Excited to see how the improve on it.

I should actually be getting one of the pre-release tributes in the mail any day now. I have so many parcels coming my way... I actually can't believe not one has arrived yet. I have a feeling the mail man is going to arrive with an armful of goodies for me sometime real soon.

The Void

Quote from: AlexSmith on 13 December, 2011, 07:50:20I have so many parcels coming my way... I actually can't believe not one has arrived yet. I have a feeling the mail man is going to arrive with an armful of goodies for me sometime real soon.
Or he's a secret kendama fiend! :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KendAlex

Since the Dama Fest, i'm a lucky person that owns the light turquase blue Tribute kendama USA kendama.

i have to say i try to brake the earthspin record of 27 times, (i get stuck on 27 too) but the paint is acting like a TK16 or a Oozora kendama,
the dama weigth 84 gram and is quite heavy, but i like it.
the ken is more solid and feels greet in the hand, the only thing i have trouble with is the hole where the string comes out. same old middle spot,
that is making me though to do pull up lunar landings and 1,5 turn earoplanes, the ken is not coming up straight like i use to do with a oozora or other JKA kendama.
the spike is also a little shorter then the first usa kendama, and i don't know why the did that.
the slip grip special trick on the slip grip ring is also hard to balance, because the ring is to fat, same as the old one.
i did not glue tip the spike and it stays pretty nice.
the space between the slip grip ring and the center cup ring is also smaller, way better.
the ken is thicker too.

it is realy nice to play them, but Oozora is still my favorite kendama.

here below there are 3 pictures,
the light blue is the Tribute USA kendama
the dark blue is a customized first USA kendama (the custom is made by mr. Sourmash, inventer of the Stove)

SamB

Quote from: KendAlex on 13 December, 2011, 17:21:25
the ken is more solid and feels greet in the hand, the only thing i have trouble with is the hole where the string comes out. same old middle spot,
that is making me though to do pull up lunar landings and 1,5 turn earoplanes, the ken is not coming up straight like i use to do with a oozora or other JKA kendama.

I have the Colin Sander pro model which seems to have the same problem that 1-turn whatevers don't come up straight very often. I couldn't figure out why but I guess this centre hole must be the reason.
B.T.W.  the Sander model is really nice. It has a slightly small seeming tama and a wierdly narrow ken just under the sarado makes it feel a bit different in a sara grip  but very fun to play and has become my travel kendama of choice.
Only problem with the Kendama USA stuff is shipping to the UK makes them just a bit expensive so I think it's unlikely I'll get another.
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...