News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

European Kendama Open 2012

Started by BKA, 10 February, 2012, 16:33:23

Previous topic - Next topic

KendaMushroom

Hey Void, is it me or is the trick list a little weird? (yes 1 week before the comp i finally realize). Like thumb trap as starter yet around europe at almost the end? Yeah slip grip final last year and quarter this year?

Oh well i think some tricks in initial round are higher level than semi final :) see you next week!

The Void

Well, we ain't changing now! :)

Gently pushing the standard, as the standard pushes us.
Criticism last year seemed to be that the 1st round tricks weren't quite challenging enough, so this year's thinking was "throw in a few curveballs" (at all levels). The audience love to see you[nb]Non-specific "you".[/nb] squirm.....  ;D

Enjoy your week's practice!

"Number 10, BAT!"
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

SamB

Quote from: KendaMushroom on 25 July, 2012, 16:57:12
Oh well i think some tricks in initial round are higher level than semi final

I was just thinking the exact same thing that they aren't in strict difficulty order. Ah well mixing it up should mix up the field a bit I guess.. My PB thus far is 32 misses for the whole list, candle flip and half-swirl aeroplane being my weakest. FTG is slowly improving ...
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

The Void

Quote from: HansNickmans on 20 July, 2012, 23:05:18Great prizes for the EKO! What type is the red one? An ancient JKA-kendama?
Did you not read the page title/comment on http://www.kendama.co.uk/galleries/EKO2012prizes/pages/page_3.html ? :
Quote03 Modern replica of the original 1918 kendama "Nichi Getsu Ball"
That's all I know about it.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

BKA

A triumph of engineering. Look for this in Lublin!

HansNickmans

Can't believe I read over that, to baffled by the pictures I guess :-)

Looks like it's going to be one hell of an event, I can't believe I have to miss it...
Kendama Belgium!

Patryk

Quote from: HansNickmans on 26 July, 2012, 07:24:13
Looks like it's going to be one hell of an event, I can't believe I have to miss it...
Yh, same...

But, i hope that you will make any edit from there, huh? ^^

Little ask. I know it going to be funny for you, but you know. I had to be there but i not gonna be able to be there , coz i need to go back to the country so... if some polish players you will meet there and they will ask about any polish board or something, could you tell them to visit www.kendama.com.pl? I know how it looks, i had to do it myself, but eh...

BKA

Sure Patryk, we will mention it!

Patryk

BKA

Well, I mentioned it Patryk, but sadly there were no Polish people at the competition at all! :( But we'll try to tell people in the next few days... Maybe we will get some converts.

EKO was great, a small showing in Beginners, but a good turnout in Advanced. Random draws saw a repeat of last years final in this year's semi, and the headline results are:

Tomoya Mukai (JP)- EKO Champion for the second year in a row.
Johnny Malcolm (UK) - European Kendama Champion
Nicolas Schopfer (Sui) - Swiss Kendama Champion
Mathias Steen Rasmussen (DE) - Danish Kendama Champion
Lars Sundøen (NO) - Norwegian Kendama Champion
Mark Wibbels (DE) - German Kendama Champion
Raul Portales (ES) - Spanish Kendama Champion
Alex Ruisch (NE) - Dutch Kendama Champion
Philippe Bontemps (LUX) - Luxembourg Kendama Champion

Lars Burgstahler (DE) - Beginner Division Winner

Tensui Sakai (JP) - Speed Trick Challenge Champion (20.3sec)

Daniela von Rohr & Thomas Holzer - Best Trick

Thank you all. BKA was too busy running the event to get any photos, so please upload your photos and post links/embeds here!

Thank you to all attendees, and to all the sponsors:
Yano-San of Kansai Branch of the JKA for many kendamas, and Fujis and NichiGetsu Ball
Tsutsumi-San of JKA for Mugens and charms
David from Sunrise for Euro Champ sponsorship deal for 2013
Alex Ruisch for his beautiful custom trophies
Void for the holster and books

shalafi

It has been a really fun day.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

The competition was tiring to run, but went smoothly. Thanks all competitors and audience.

For me, I may best remember the post-comp session of drinks, talks, K.E.N., Last Man Standing, Candle Conkers, Unicorns, photos and kendama-signings.

Lovely day, lovely people, lovely clicks. You are a great bunch of clickers. :)

Patryk

Damn, reget that we wasn't there.

No problem, thanks anyway, it means a lot for me and our team. :)

P.S. yh, people. I'm waiting for photos and videos. ;)

AlexSmith

Super fun day, again nice work Void. Now that my headache is subsiding I think I better hurry on down to the hall to say goodbye to some of the folks who are leaving!

BKA

2011, Munich: 53 competitors of ~6000 convention attendees=~0.088%
2012, Lublin: 28 competitors of ~2000 convention attendees=~0.14%

So this year's comp was bigger than last year's!

For the record, 32 people said they came to EJC just for the kendama.