News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama Open in Herrera de Pisuerga (Spain) 5-6-7 October

Started by shalafi, 20 August, 2012, 17:07:29

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

There are going to be some Kendama events in this convention. It will be the first time such an event is done in Spain.

There will be:

• Workshops
  • Knockout competition
  • Speed Trick List competition
  • Games of K.E.N.D.A.M.A

Trick list for the Knockout competition:

Lista de Trucos - VIII Malabaria - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

I'll be judging it and also doing some kendama examinations for grades.

As you can see posted below, it is very cheap to get to Valladolid from London, and the best way to get to Herrera is by Train from Valladolid.

If someone from the forum wants to go there, contact me. I'll be going by train from Madrid-Valladolid-Herrera.

Cheers.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BKA

Good luck!

shalafi

In case someone from the UK is interested, the connection is a lot better than from Amsterdam.

There are direct flights from London (Stansted) to Valladolid and from there you just take the train to Herrera de Pisuerga, it is really easy (I used to live in Valladolid)

shalafi

See attached screenshot of the flight with ryanair for 32 GBP

Since it is Ryanair, you may expect a lot of hidden costs, but still quite nice and cheap.

shalafi

More info. The convention is a small one (80-120 ppl) so we can expect ~10 participants on the event (maybe more for the workshop)

All seems to be progressing properly, so I'd say it is 90% sure that it will be done :)

shalafi

I am considering this list of tricks for a knockdown mode (sort of a mix of tricks of different years), I expect not too high level, so it is quite simpler than the EKO one.

Please give me some feedback.

Edit: deleted the list to avoid confusions if someone checks this thread.

BKA

It looks too hard. It's the first kendama competition in Spain (Yes?), so check out the list for the first competition we had in Britain:
http://www.kendama.co.uk/competition2008.html
Not saying you should use that list, but something of a similar level. I think your list will scare away most competitors. You will probably have to work hard to persuade people to enter, so make it a list that they aren't too scared of. Make at least the first half of the tricks ones that they can learn in a 1-hour workshop. Remember competition pressure and nerves makes every trick at least 3 times as hard.

Unless of course, you know of some strong players who will be there. (There are a couple of reasonably good Spanish players on YouTube that you should find and invite).

shalafi

Thanks for the feedback.

I was afraid of making it too hard, and I already made it easier that originally. I'll make it even easier.

I found one of that players and I contacted him a few days ago, but he has not replied yet. AFAIK, there may be another 2 or 3 strong players that have never created and Edit.

I was planning to do a knockdown, because I think is more fun, and I don't plan to run 2 comps. Do you think a ladder may be better for running just 1 comp?

I think I'll leave a couple of "hard" tricks for the final.

BKA

A ladder is an easy format to run, which everyone can understand easily. But yes, knockout is more fun.

Incidentally, even though 2008 had Beginner and Advanced listed, it was all one ladder: Everyone attempted tricks 1-10, then after a break (when we did Speed Trick Challenge), everyone who had got as far as trick #10 (who were now, by definition, the "Advanced" players) came back to see how far through 11-20 they could go.

Yes, the top couple of tricks should be very challenging.

shalafi

I shuffled some tricks in and out, up and down.

Maybe the last 2 are not that much challenging...

Second try:

Early Rounds:
* Orbit
* Swing to Candle
* Knee Bounce
* Stopover
* Flying Top
* Spike
* Tap-Back
* Aeroplane

Semi Finals:
* Around the Village
* Trapeze acrobats
* Lighthouse
* Earth turn

Finals:
* Faster than gravity
* Fast hand base cup
* Bird
* Around Spain (<- yes, this trick will be in)

shalafi

I'm trying to contact all the Spanish Kendamers that have uploaded some edit in Youtube.

Actually I have found around 6 of them, It is nice, we may be able to pull this thing off nicely.

BKA

That sounds great. Good luck!

shalafi

It is confirmed! I'll edit the first post with details.

Link in the spanish forum (in Spanish) http://www.circoforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=17343&p=233889#p233889

BKA

Great that it's actually going to happen! We stickied the topic and removed all the [still discussing]s from the titles.

Are you going to make a video of the tricks?

shalafi

Thanks, being sticky will help promoting it!

Yes, I will do a video with the tricks, probably this weekend.