News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

How did you start

Started by Unichuck1, 27 October, 2017, 17:52:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Unichuck1

Did anyone here start kendama from rollerblading, I remember back in the day all the pro rollers would have a kendama

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Dice126

Quote from: Unichuck1 on 27 October, 2017, 17:52:24
Did anyone here start kendama from rollerblading, I remember back in the day all the pro rollers would have a kendama

I started through yoyo I never saw kendama untill I saw a yoyo tutorial channel I was subscribed to did a kick-starter for their kendama channel

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Unichuck1

Quote from: Dice126 on 27 October, 2017, 17:55:02
Quote from: Unichuck1 on 27 October, 2017, 17:52:24

I started through yoyo I never saw kendama untill I saw a yoyo tutorial channel I was subscribed to did a kick-starter for their kendama channel

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
I have never actually had a yoyo there was a craze in school when I was a child but never picked it up which do you prefer [emoji14]

twohands

I started from a shop.
I was searching for a "contact juggling"  ball and saw a kendama promotion video in the shop. 

It was clear quickly that I'd learn this toy now by heart, too, after this video.

Then I got a few used ones and started to play 1-4 hours a day,  along with my dogwalks, using both hands so far, for each trick until it worked.

It is a perfect toy for a walk...if you practice it with both hands, then you are training and strengthening both parts of the brain...

try, try, try