News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama Jam at Leeds Juggling Convention, Sat 21st Nov, 2015

Started by Kev, 10 November, 2015, 17:36:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Kev

Hi all,

Just to let you know a bunch of kendama players are going to Leeds Juggling Convention on Sat 21st November, it's held in the same venue as we put on the European Kendama Open Championship this year.

Details can be found here:

https://sites.google.com/site/leedsjugglingconvention/

and on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/events/544003059086864/

Jammers from the local YoDama crew will be there - @Jak @BigKidJim @Kingi @Magda and me plus there are usually more who come up too (ahem, fancy it . . . @Ian F ? @The Void ? @Dimensions ? @kendamatty ? )

The site is really easy to get to on public transport (and if it falls right time wise a few of us *may* be able to offer lifts).

One thing I'd add is other than tea / coffee and doughnuts there isn't usually food provided so bring something with you as the shops aren't too near.

Jak

I'm looking forward to this one! Thanks for posting this up Kev, I've been meaning to for a short while.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Ian F

Am planning to be there, and with the wind in the right direction, with @ian and @Jamiejuggler  :)  Sorry @The Void, no MK :(

The Void

I'll be there (late decision!). See you cats there, @Jak @BigKidJim @Kingi @Magda @Kev @ian @Ian F @Jamiejuggler !
I'll have grading papers and a little bit of stock with me, in case anyone's interested in either of those.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Jak

Great! See you tomorrow Void!

The Void

Fun day. I think I counted 10 people jamming at one point or another. Now to see what footage I've got....
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

BKA

The Void

Here's a short video I made:
Kendama @ Leeds Juggling Convention 2015 - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

Me, @Kev @Magda @Kingi @BigKidJim @ian @Ian F , Lina, Sharon, Tom, @Jak , all played along for a while. I loved it when Rosie (total beginner) asked to borrow a kendama and joined in, trying Slip Grip Special. "Oh, well that's what everyone else was trying...". :-D

Thanks Kev for the inspiration for the last trick, which I think is Aeroplane > Slam Fast Hand Aeroplane (the way I did it, although I think it was more drop-and-pop for you, Kev?).
Fun day, thanks for everyone who came along to click.

Jak

Great video! Had a brilliant day although my legs are aching now!

Ian F

'Twas a great day and good to catch up and meet some new people. Legs still burning, @The Void, you'd be proud! :)

OK looks like I've been pipped to a very similar post, letting mine stand though. Seems to be a recurring theme...masochism?

Magda

Thanks very much :-)
great video :-)
Void thank for all tips and corrections and new triks you are very good teacher :-)
was great to meet you all and can't wait next time :-)

ps. Can we put this video on fb so i can show my friends? thanks

The Void

Hi @Magda,
Thanks.
You can paste the *link* into FB, but please don't upload the actual video.

And my legs ache today too, guys. ;)
Cheers!