News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Competition Idea

Started by Jak, 09 April, 2016, 14:43:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Jak

I've really enjoyed the Outlink competition so far and I'm going to be pretty sad when its over, so I've been thinking of a new competition that I would like to put myself forward to host/referee. This would be an online competition, with deadlines for each round to complete, similar to Outlink.

For now anyway, I'm calling it "Stamp It & Stomp It!"
Each week (approximately) I will set a new selection of tricks. All you have to do is do the said tricks in any combo of your choice. You can add any other tricks in to the combo, you can do it in any order you like,what you do is your choice and at a any difficulty you wish. This is you putting your 'stamp' on it. You then film yourself 'stomp'ing it and post it within the deadline. As the rounds go on I will add more tricks and increase their difficulty. Simple really.

Here are my first thoughts about some of the additional rules:
*The trick combination can start however you like but can not start in one of the tricks I have set. (For example if I set 'Lighthouse' you can not start with the ken balanced in a lighthouse, if you do that trick would not count, however a pull up to lighthouse would be fine.)
*All trick combinations have to end with a spiked tama in any way you wish.
*Trick lengths will not be timed, (instas are fine) however there must appear to be a certain degree of control or as referee I may decline the combo.

I don't want to take anything away from Outlink. I just like the idea of a competition where people can express themselves and their style of play a little more and we can see a bit more variety in the entries. At the moment I'd just like to see if this would interest anyone. Any thoughts/ideas welcome.  :)

Remember, if this is to go ahead it wouldn't start until Outlink 2016 is finished.

The Void

I say go for it. I'd play.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Dimensions

Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

shalafi

I think it's a pretty neat idea. I'll join it.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

fiddletriks

Me too man!

Instagram: @cruizerd4ft
*welsh thistle*

theobau

great idea!!

I did something similar for the KCC #25 - check it out http://kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1598.0.html

KenSan

I'd try time permitting. Might make me think(trick) outside the box!
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

Jak

Theobau, yeah that's very similar. I like it. I may borrow some of your rules that also apply to this [emoji6]

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

The Void

The "choose the order" also reminds me of @donald grant 's ComBones.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!