News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Is allowed to do this?

Started by ray, 09 October, 2015, 14:33:43

Previous topic - Next topic

ray

Hello,

I have a trick when the tama is over a cup in a wrong position. I shake my hand and the ball moves. This way I can put the hole in the position I want.

Is it allowed?
Enjoy your life. Circus and love!

BKA

In competitions or gradings, no. Practice Hole Control!

ray

Thanks for the answer @BKA.

Is allowed to do... the Lighthouse putting the string in the middle of the ball and the base cup? (it's easier because grip better)

shalafi

It is allowed, but it is quite hard to do and it is not really better balance.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

ray

Thanks @shalafi.

Sometimes, when I do an "around" trick the string roll over the ken. Is allowed to do...: an "special trick" to unroll? For example, if I must move from the small cup to the big cup, can I do it with an orbit at the same time? Or if I do this isn't the same "around"?

BKA

ray

Is it allowed to... stop for a few seconds in the middle of the Moshi Kame? I mean to broke the rhythm to rest and to concentrate a little bit.

BKA

Quote from: ray on 14 October, 2015, 17:15:16
   Is it allowed to... stop for a few seconds in the middle of the Moshi Kame? I mean to broke the rhythm to rest and to concentrate a little bit.
No. You must keep the rhythm going.
Quite often, if making a "save", a player may be forced to slow down a little (examiner's discretion) before regaining her rhythm, but stopping completely is not allowed.

ray

OK, maybe the trick "Hey, look there!" is a good option to rest a little bit. :D

ray

Is it allowed to do... the lighthouse in move? Sometimes I got it but I must move the tama all time the get the balance for more than 3 seconds. Or the 3 seconds must count in stop position?

shalafi

3 seconds from a still position. No movement of the point of contact.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.