News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Leeds Juggling Convention - Sat 23rd Nov - 2013

Started by Kev, 19 November, 2013, 17:59:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Kev

I'm hoping to make this, any other kendama players planning on going along?

BKA

Kev

The Void

It would be nice to come and play, but it's just a bit too much of a trek for me for a 1-dayer. Gotta save the pennies for a Japan trip. Plus, I have a poker game at 1pm the next day. ;)

Have fun, and look out for [user]Looby[/user], you may be able to prod him to put down his diabolos briefly, and dust off his kendama, what with BKO being in Leeds in 2014.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Kev

It would be nice indeed, but as you say, it is a bit far for a one dayer.

Still not all that long until the BKO. Which reminds me, we should firm up plans for the social day soon.

I shall keep an eye out for [user]Looby[/user] and hopefully I can also interest a few other jugglers too, maybe get a few to come to the BKO.

Kev

Well the LJC was great! Very busy day, a good crowd (and free doughnuts).

It was also a pleasure to meet fellow kendama forum member [user]Ian F[/user] and a nice chap called Tom who took a break from his 5 ball juggling to play some kendama.

We managed to get the word out about next years BKO in Leeds to a fair few folk too.

All in all a success!

*EDITED - turned the picture the right way round - doh!

The Void

Nice one Kev, glad you had fun, and spread the BKO word.
My excuse of the poker game was valid. I came 4th of 41 for £40. I would say it goes into the Japan fund, but poker money is poker money!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Ian F

Nice to meet you too Kev.  Great pic, my brain needs more oxygenated blood! 'twas a good day.

Kev

Quote from: Ian F on 25 November, 2013, 00:02:28
Nice to meet you too Kev.  Great pic, my brain needs more oxygenated blood! 'twas a good day.

I had no idea what you were referring to until i looked on my computer! This is odd, I uploaded the post from my phone and it was the right way round on there - how odd - trying to amend now!

Kev

Quote from: The Void on 24 November, 2013, 23:26:55
Nice one Kev, glad you had fun, and spread the BKO word.
My excuse of the poker game was valid. I came 4th of 41 for £40. I would say it goes into the Japan fund, but poker money is poker money!

Yeah it was a great day, really nice to play with other people (which is a rarity for me).

People seemed really pleased to hear of the BKO coming to Leeds - hopefully some of them will be able to make it.

For those that didn't know kendama, it certainly attracts a lot of attention doesn't it?!

For me personally, it was also a good 'dama day - I was landing my harder tricks I think probably thanks to the good atmosphere.

Well done on the poker!  8)