News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

KCC 25

Started by theobau, 26 January, 2014, 14:46:20

Previous topic - Next topic

theobau

The KCC 25 will be announced wednesday 29th of january 2014, 8.00 p.m. CET (GMT + 1:00)

The prize will be a brand new set of SPIKE! and KNEES!

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

theobau

KCC #25 "A chain of tricks"
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Post a video of you doing all of the following balances/positions in ONE line. You have to connect every balance/position I give you without adjusting the string, the tama or using your weak hand. It's up to you to decide the order of the 10 balances/positions but you have to start with big cup and you have to end with a spike!
You are only allowed to do one big cup, one small cup, one base cup etc. etc.
All the tricks are in ken grip except Lunar and Lighthouse.

Big cup

Small cup
Base cup
Frying pan
Penguin catch
Bird (3 sec.)
Lunar (3 sec.)
Lighthouse (3 sec.)
Slip Grip Special (3 sec.)

SPIKE!

*You are of course allowed to flip the ken up to lighthouse any way you want.

KCC Rules
- Competition is open to all players, worldwide, as long as they are a member of this forum.
- Use a standard, competition-sized kendama, unless otherwise stated.
- Perform all tricks, in order, as specified, in a single run, with no misses, unless otherwise stated.
- Stay in shot the whole time.
- No sneakiness!
- The Winner wins glory and respect from the kendama community, whatever prize(s) may have been offered by the Setter, and the right to set the next KCC.
- If a KCC remains undefeated for 30 days, any offer of a prize no longer applies, and the BKA becomes the setter for the next KCC. An undefeated KCC remains open to be cracked after 30 days have passed, but only for glory and respect.

GOOD LUCK
/Theo

BKA

Interesting idea! We'll see how people like it.

By Ring Stall, we assume you mean Slip Grip Special? (Take a look in Spike before you give it away! ;-) )

theobau

Quote from: BKA on 29 January, 2014, 22:32:55
Interesting idea! We'll see how people like it.

By Ring Stall, we assume you mean Slip Grip Special? (Take a look in Spike before you give it away! ;-) )
haha I should, they are sealed in plastic though.

thanks for heads-up!

Cliffdama

For the first time i think i can actualy do the kcc . Can i use a mosou to do it or a sweets? If not it's also good but have to resting my oz first. This should be fun. Only the slip grip(on the secpnd rim from base cup?) is a real challange i think.

theobau

Quote from: Cliffdama on 29 January, 2014, 23:21:53
For the first time i think i can actualy do the kcc . Can i use a mosou to do it or a sweets? If not it's also good but have to resting my oz first. This should be fun. Only the slip grip(on the secpnd rim from base cup?) is a real challange i think.

Quote from: theobau on 29 January, 2014, 19:00:10

- Use a standard, competition-sized kendama, unless otherwise stated.

You are of course aloud to use your mosou and your sweets, as long as it's a standard, competition-sized kendama!

Quote from: Cliffdama on 29 January, 2014, 23:21:53
Only the slip grip(on the secpnd rim from base cup?) is a real challange i think.

Yep, it's the second rim from base cup!
You can do it!

BKA

Strictly speaking, Musous are slightly larger than competition size. But it's Theo's KCC, and if he says it's okay, it's okay.

PS Theo:  A quirk of English - "aloud" and "allowed" sound the same, but mean different things. :)

theobau

haha bka strikes again, thanks! :-)

I'm allowing musous, The Terra Kendama wont be accepted though.

The Void

I really like the idea behind this one - the way everyone can work out their own favourite transition combinations. Nice one Theo!
I'm busy for the next couple of days, but I'll give it a go after that. (If it's still live then.)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Cliffdama

Woooot ik got slip grip from lunar. Got all thesteps! Practice time! I'm using my new sweeets for it. Got it from the mystery kendama #whatdidyouget . It's a focus pro ken with marble painted tama (single colous ocean blue) this thing is the best!

mreasyguy

I really like the style of this KCC. Found a few ways around this now it's just deciding what's better!

Cliffdama

I know, i really want to put the slip grip early in my combo but it works best for me at the end. Down side is that i did the combo countles times allready but failed the grip... I can put my combo here. To show. (Made it a little easyer allready for myself ;) ) any thoughts of putting the grip on a better place?

Big cup
Bird
Frying pan
Small cup
Penguin base
Base cup
Lighthouse
Lunar
Slip grip
Spike

mreasyguy

My thought was getting slip grip out of the way early, that way If i pass it I got better chance of landing the full combo as im not very good at slip grips, I'm currently starting like this:

Big cup>Slip grip>Bird

Now from there is where I'm playing with different ways.

JeffreyItaliaander

How do I upload a Movie of 275MB? Possible? It says Max. 500KB. And I have no idea how to make it smaller. Please help :)

BKA

Hi Jeffrey, you don't need to upload to the forum, you can upload to YT or Vimeo or Juggling.tv or any video hosting site. Then just post the link into a forum post. Cheers!
Video embedding:http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,10.0.html

For advice on video compression: [noembed]http://juggling.tv/compress.php[/noembed]