News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

"High Performance" Woodgrain Kendama

Started by Kendama_Llama, 25 September, 2013, 05:53:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendama_Llama

I'm looking to maybe buy a woodgrain (unpainted) kendama. I'm a big fan of how the Ozora Enjyu and Keyaki look, but I hear they are very slick and make landing lunars, lighthouses and other tricks difficult to land. I also don't like how light they are. I tend to prefer the weight of a TK-16. Anyone know of a heavier woodgrain kendama that would meet these kind of requirements? Thanks!

EDIT: Also, does anyone one know how natural TK-16 are for lunars? I've got a red on and the ken is poorly balanced for lunars. 

BrandonYoder

I have had the Keyaki for about a year now.
I dont remember how it played when i first got it(i wasn't good enough for it to matter)..but now it plays amazing.
honestly...it is now the best lunar kendama i own.
mine weighs 145g, compared to my other normal ozoras that almost all average at 130g.

I highly recommend.

Coach_Styles

If you're looking for a non-JKA brand, I would go with one of the new Krom deluxe V2. I picked up a quad-split kendama from them a couple weeks ago and I'm loving it. The more I break it in the better it gets.

Kev

I got an Enjyu a while back and it was easier to land lighthouse / lunars straight out of the box than any other new kendama I've tried. It's a nice looking wood and I'm glad I have it but personally I still prefer to play with my natural regular Ozora.

Whatever you get, they'll all wear in - and that process is part of he fun anyway isn't it?

RodDama

dude a wood grain tk will be your best friend for balances. im a huge fan of wood grain over paint. enjyu is also a good one. most of them will start off a bit slick (some just kick ass right away) but once you beat up a woody tama, theres nothing like it :)
-RodDama!

www.terrakendama.com

BrandonYoder

Quote from: RodDama on 04 October, 2013, 20:32:14
once you beat up a woody tama, theres nothing like it :)

#FACT!
#QUOTESBYROD