News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Shin Fuji or Sunrise?

Started by FilthyTown, 20 January, 2012, 13:56:21

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Heh, yeah, people should either:

1) Keep their kendama in the packet as a speculative investment
2) Put it on a shelf as an ornament
or
3) PLAY with the thing! Get your £15-worth of fun out of it, and don't give a damn about dings.

I'm mostly all about #3, but I have done 1 & 2 too.  :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

FilthyTown

I got the Sunrise kendamas today, they feel really solid and play awesome.

The sarado was unusually large on the white one, and after looking through this forum I have found that there were some earlier ones that went out with fatter sarados.

To be honest I kinda like it.

John

Just to add, albeit slightly off-topicy, that the KCN apple green Battle I had - played to absolute death - was the slipperiest, skiddiest thing I've ever played with. Lighthouses were an absolute mare if you were more than half a degree off perfect vertical and the day I finally landed a lunar on it, I stopped growing grey hairs. A tough, tough cookie indeed - seems like I had one of the rare ones hell-bent on never becoming sticky.

Back on topic, in my opinion Sunrises are the best "all round" kendama I have had the pleasure of playing, with Oozora a close second. Sadly never played a Terra, and it's unlikely I will in the immediate future, but I hear they're quite the beasts too.