News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Sonicpearse

Still haven't got it yet... god this is difficult!
Sonicpearse

BKA

Dimensions

Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

The Void

So, here's my decision:
In the Instavid I said "Please film so that I can see the ball's not touching your thumb". But I didn't write that in the description, so perhaps Dimensions didn't watch the IG, only read the post. So....

If no-one else has posted it by Weds, 12:00, then I will accept Dimension's video. But I'd prefer a better-filmed one. (angle).

So #60 is still open for business.... for a short while.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Sorry for the delay. Accepted, Dimensions!
What's next?

Dimensions

Next up
Banking > Ladybug

Or some other names you may call it
Banking > Finger assisted Columbus egg
Banking > *that trick that Cooper Eddy (or any other player) does where the ball is resting on the spike with 1 finger on top*

Rules:
Balance Banking for around 2 secs
Balance the tama on the spike with your index finger only!
The tama's string hole must not be touching the spike
Keep the Ladybug still for 3 secs (DONT use you fingers)

If you still don't know what it is - look here
http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1584.0.html

Good luck!

-Rob

BKA

Quote from: Dimensions on 30 January, 2014, 16:03:49Keep the Ladybug still for 3 secs (DON'T use you fingers)
Meaning don't use any OTHER fingers apart from your weak hand index finger, presumably? Or do you require an active balanced Columbus Egg? (Zoiks!)

Dimensions

Quote from: BKA on 30 January, 2014, 16:38:34
Quote from: Dimensions on 30 January, 2014, 16:03:49Keep the Ladybug still for 3 secs (DON'T use you fingers)
Meaning don't use any OTHER fingers apart from your weak hand index finger, presumably? Or do you require an active balanced Columbus Egg? (Zoiks!)
Not an active collumbus egg!
Just your weak hand index finger and nothing else

BKA

[user]joris.schweppe[/user], [user]Sonicpearse[/user], [user]The Void[/user], [user]HansNickmans[/user], [user]Mark[/user], [user]Kendama+cliniK[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user], [user]jordanfung[/user] and [user]Dimensions[/user] are all now in the Endless Combo prize draw.

Next trick is
61. Banking > Columbus Trap (aka Ladybug)
Instavid at http://instagram.com/p/jzR4jsCHrR/

Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait.
Successful entrants get put in the prize draw.
[user]Kendama+cliniK[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user], [user]jordanfung[/user], [user]The Void[/user] & [user]Dimensions[/user] must sit out round 61.
Good luck everyone!

mreasyguy

Thought id give it a little go...

Maybe called out for being a bit dark mind, I understand 8)

Dimensions

The lighting wasn't great but...
It's clear what your doing - and it's still gets dark early so...
It's good!

What's next ?
-Rob

mreasyguy

I would film in the day but always finish work in the dark, I'll try and get it redone for future use.

Now for next trick

Ladybug> Tap down spike.

So basically an earth turn motion to spin the hole of the tama the correct way and then tap down with the same index finger that held the ladybug to spike it.

I can upload a video if this doesn't make sense.

BKA

[user]joris.schweppe[/user], [user]Sonicpearse[/user], [user]The Void[/user], [user]HansNickmans[/user], [user]Mark[/user], [user]Kendama+cliniK[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user], [user]jordanfung[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user] and [user]mreasyguy[/user] are all now in the Endless Combo prize draw.

Next trick is
62. Columbus Trap (aka Ladybug) > Tapped-down Earth Turn

Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait.
Successful entrants get put in the prize draw.
[user]kendamatty[/user], [user]jordanfung[/user], [user]The Void[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user] & [user]mreasyguy[/user] must sit out round 62.
Good luck everyone!

Kev

OK folks,

How's this?

Endless Combo - 62. Columbus Trap > Tapped-down Earth Turn - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

Endless Combo #62. Columbus Trap (aka Ladybug) > Tapped-down Earth Turn.

EDIT: I just noticed [user]mreasyguy[/user] filmed from the other side so I did an alt. version too.

Endless Combo #62. Columbus Trap > Tapped-down Earth Turn (ALT) - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

I love the Endless Combo, makes you try tricks you've never done before and pushes your creativity.

Good vibes.  :)