News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

A Little Sun In Winter

Started by The Void, 12 February, 2015, 18:44:58

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

The sun was shining for a change, so I took a walk.

http://juggling.tv/14713 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Nice video. Good tricks, chill out feeling.

I was expecting the windwalker - bird over valley to end with another wingwalker on the small cup... As if it was not hard enough as it is :-)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Dimensions

I really liked the lunar>stilt combo
And a perfectly good demo for the Endless Combo was thrown in there too!
http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1022.msg18346.html#msg18346

Nice one!
-Rob
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

Kev

Ace. Love the vibe here [user]Void[/user] and some really great tricks.

That Wingwalker to Bird thingy made me exclaim out loud - 'ouch!'.

8)

Maicodama

Dang, everything was soo contolled. Nice work as always.
Instagrams
@project.ark
@maico.ps
@eurodama_

The Void

Thanks chaps!
Quote from: Dimensions on 12 February, 2015, 19:48:49And a perfectly good demo for the Endless Combo was thrown in there too!
Actually, I was trying for it, but if you look closely, the Spike was just below the horizontal, so not a Stab.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

donald grant

That was a nice surprise; good to see you out and photosynthesising again!

s070s

PikWik

i like how you almost worked in the EC 115. i think more videos like this would be a welcome treat too. these short edits leave me, the viewer, wanting to see More :)

kendamatty

Nice edit, with some really cool tricks. Especially liked the pinkie candle balance to ninja penguin stab exit!

talincrow

Your form is always impeccable Void. Always clean and concise movements for every trick!

The Void

Thanks chaps, glad you enjoyed it.
Quote from: talincrow on 17 February, 2015, 21:32:44Your form is always impeccable Void. Always clean and concise movements for every trick!
Kind words, thanks.

But, in a way, I almost don't understand comments like these... Hear me out...

I've had comments like that several times, (always appreciate the compliment!) and my reaction is something along the lines of "But, that's how kendama's supposed to be done. The precision of movement is an integral part of kendama play."

I hope that doesn't sound arrogant. I am perhaps struggling to express my point. It's more... bemusement! Ah well, it takes all sorts to make a world, I guess, and it would be dull if everyone played kendama the same way. Click on, comrades! :-)

shalafi

That's a very interesting point. Void goes more into the traditional school where a trick is done with precision, versus the other style of landing the hardest trick possible even if not perfect.

I personally prefer to watch a solid, smooth spacewalk than a dodgy lightning drop, so I'm with Void in this.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Leologic777

I know this is kinda off topic but congrats shalafi for your 1000th post!
Getting Better!- 11 Kendama's- Been playing for 9 months

talincrow

I totally understand Void. I'm very active on IG and FKC (Facebook Kendama Community) where I see a ton of videos everyday of players in all difficulty levels posting their stuff. A majority of them are choppy & sloppy with their movements and trick landings. Granted a great number of these are beginners but there quite a few "advanced" players that lack good form. When I saw your edit/video the first thing I noticed is how every trick is intentional and executed with smooth precision. This was a pleasant break in the "usual" edit watching, seeing someone with great form and finesse.

Hopefully that makes sense! haha