News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Another bump for this. Get close, @Jak ? Anyone else?
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Still no-one got this? Newbies welcome to join in! (Do read the rules, though.)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Not really into janks myself, I tried it a few times, but I find less and less time to practice things with a camera on...
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

fiddletriks

Impossible :'(
And sore fingers now, thanks @TheVoid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
*welsh thistle*

The Void

sorree, i fought dat woz wot all da kule kidz was wehwl in to :)

fiddletriks

Ben got on this today @TheVoid

*welsh thistle*

BenPycroft24

So, I haven't looked at endless for a long time.
Today jamming with Ewan and Wil I was landing too many yanks. Ewan told me to try the endless combo. 
After under 2 mins of trying, this happened.
Finally, 3 months later the endless combo can carry on

jakub.zahumensky

The Void

@BenPycroft24 ...
Quote from: jakub.zahumensky on 09 August, 2016, 19:50:10159. [from (Secret Grip) Stabbed] > Yank Spike
- I want to see a proper, "snappy" Yank.

...you sure did the snappy yank excellently, but...
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.

...did you film in landscape, and if so, if you've still got the original file, it'd be much better for the compilation if you can get it to Rob?

However, if you've only got the square file.... Well, I've looked at it, and I reckon it would edit okay into landscape, so....

ACCEPTED! Well done, mate. What's next?

fiddletriks

@TheVoid he has the full sized version. Wide angle :)

*welsh thistle*

The Void

fiddletriks

Can I post it for him? Haha @TheVoid

*welsh thistle*

BenPycroft24

So trick 160.
I was thinking, from secret grip hold it as if you just did a downspike.
Go to do an earth turn but instead of stabbing it. Spike it in penguin instead.
If it's unclear I can film it quickly to show you all what I mean?

jakub.zahumensky

So it would be like a 1/2 or 1+1/2 turn to the penguin catch? (considering you start counting when the spike points downward upon releease)

BKA

Next:
160. [from (Secret Grip) Stabbed] > Earth Turn to Penguin Spike
- Start an Earth Turn (1.5 turns) from the Stabbed position, but catch it in Penguin position. All in Secret grip.

Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- Your trick set may end on an active ballance (i.e Candle Balance) but you can use an active ballance in a transition of a trick/set
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.
There is a prize of a Trojka 3 kendama for one random participant between tricks 151-175.
Currently in the draw: KenSan Jnr, The Void, the milky oolong, KenSan, s070s, Dimensions, Jakub, Ben Pycroft

s070s, Dimensions, Jakub, The Void & Ben Pycroft must sit out this round.