News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Yusuke Ito in Malaysia

Started by azleonhart, 24 March, 2015, 09:17:46

Previous topic - Next topic

azleonhart

Recently Yusuke dropped by Kuala Lumpur for a performance. He has two slots, i recorded both at different angles, but i think the second session had better view.
That being said, enjoy!
(I've set the video to private for the time being. It'll be back up, hopefully)

What the trick?

The Void

Wow, you put his whole show on YT? Did you ask his permission first for that? If you didn't, you should remove them, or make them hidden, and ask permission. I know that if it was me, I would be very annoyed at that. This is how performers make their living. You are giving away his whole act for free.

Meanwhile, did you get to meet him? I met him after a show in the UK. He was really nice to talk to, and I learned a lot of kendama tips in our 45 minutes or so together.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

azleonhart

Quote from: The Void on 24 March, 2015, 11:49:37
Wow, you put his whole show on YT? Did you ask his permission first for that? If you didn't, you should remove them, or make them hidden, and ask permission. I know that if it was me, I would be very annoyed at that. This is how performers make their living. You are giving away his whole act for free.

Meanwhile, did you get to meet him? I met him after a show in the UK. He was really nice to talk to, and I learned a lot of kendama tips in our 45 minutes or so together.

My honest mistake. I have kept the video private for now, while waiting for a reply from Yusuke.

Yes, was with him the second he landed, during his shows, brought him around for sightseeing, and then sent him off to the airport.
Really pleasant guy to talk to, we exchanged a lot of ideas and tricks (spent an entire day while sightseeing), and he was happy seeing the local players enjoying kendama. Never could beat the guy in a game of KEN.
Two of us (a friend and myself) were extremely lucky to have been given a JKA Mugen from his collection.
What the trick?

The Void

Thank you for acknowledging the issue.

Sounds like you had a great time with him. :D You got to spend a lot more time with him than I did - I bet you learned a lot! Meeting players of a higher level than oneself is so much fun, and so inspiring. Enjoy those Mugens! (And do play them, don't trade 'em!)

Get any photos?
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

azleonhart

Quote from: The Void on 24 March, 2015, 13:10:07
Thank you for acknowledging the issue.

Sounds like you had a great time with him. :D You got to spend a lot more time with him than I did - I bet you learned a lot! Meeting players of a higher level than oneself is so much fun, and so inspiring. Enjoy those Mugens! (And do play them, don't trade 'em!)

Get any photos?

Yes i did learn a lot! Got a really good look in his posture and consistency. Yusuke helped loads with my STB.
Also helped him out with some tricks, like BBs and that Stuntplane flip trick from KWC.
Hahaha no amount of money would ever get me to sell or trade that Mugen. That's one of my best kendama memories, ever.
I promised Yusuke to use it to get my 1st Dan, when i head there for KWC this year.

Photos? Yes! They're at my Instagram account (www.instagram.com/azleonhart), and there's some more on my phone.
(Tried to upload them, but the photos are simply too large. Will try other alternatives.)
What the trick?