News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Metal Kendama: Volume 2

Started by Greg the Strangler, 12 January, 2012, 07:56:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg the Strangler

I was a metal fan before I was a kendama player. Metal kendama seemed to be the only option when I wanted to start making edits.

MKV2 has some technical issues that MKV1 did not, mostly because I was using my room mate's GoPro without actually knowing how. Also, many of the clips included came from spur of the moment filming sessions, rather than all dedicated filming sessions.

Anyways, give it a watch, feat. old-school Metallica. I had lots of fun making this one!
January–Kengarden Beginner Champion
May–Kengarden Intermediate Champion
December–Kengarden Advanced Champion

The Void

Cool! Nice stilt-work, and the tap-stilt with spin was neat. Actually, one of the things I liked best was the grip change at 1.33. "Simple, but different". I think there's a lot of scope for kendama innovation along those lines. And nice that it was a video where your character came through, not just a trickfest.

I also like your sig. It says "look out, I'm coming!". :-)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Greg the Strangler

I totally agree. I was trying to play the Performer like a Bilboquet during that line.

I know that musicians- in particular guitarists- will try to write music as if they where playing anything but a guitar to yield interesting results. totally applicable to kendama, and something i will be looking into!

Yay aeronaut!
January–Kengarden Beginner Champion
May–Kengarden Intermediate Champion
December–Kengarden Advanced Champion

AverieLee

Awesome edit sir, That kenflip downspike was freaking sweet.

Peter

The skill level? No doubt, very fine work!

The Music? Hell, man! I remember the time, when my hair was that long, and I will never forget. Still loving Metallica!

"You know, who you are!"