News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

s070s

Dimensions

The Compilation and Prize Draw is out!
http://kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2765.new#new

Well done to the Winner!

I am also happy to announce that, courtesy of the @BKA a Trojka 3 kendama is availiable for the next prize draw!
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

KenSan

Thanks guys but I think he was just doing it as a favour as he knows I like kendama!  ;D

Hopefully one day he will get back into it again but until then... ::)
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

Kofi

<3

Dimensions

Normally, I would be saying that the person doing the trick should be the one who posts. But given the circumstances...
All Good! Currently an EC highlight for me!

I guess @KenSan should set the next trick then.

BKA

Quote from: Dimensions on 06 April, 2016, 10:43:01Normally, I would be saying that the person doing the trick should be the one who posts. But given the circumstances...
All Good! Currently an EC highlight for me!

I guess @KenSan should set the next trick then.
In one of the photo comps, we said that we would accept kids' entries via their parent's account. Same goes here. We will edit it into the rules. Either KenSan Jnr can declare the next trick, or @KenSan can proxy one for him.

KenSan

Cheers.

Okay for the next trick the collective Kensan would like to see a juggle to lunar.

The Void

@KenSan A juggle normally has 2 catches or more in the hand. Do you want:

A) "1-Juggle to Lunar"
-throw tama
-throw ken, catch(1) tama
-catch in Lunar

or
B) "3-Juggle to Lunar"
-throw tama
-throw ken, catch(1) tama
-throw tama, catch(2) ken
-throw ken, catch(3) tama
-catch in Lunar

?
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KenSan

Dimensions

There is a prize of a Trojka 3 kendama for one random participant between tricks 151-175.
Currently in the draw: Ken San Jnr.

Next trick is:
152. [from Big Cup] > Fast Throw Lunar
- Throw the Tama
-Throw Ken so it can rotate 450⁰
- Catch the Tama
- Catch the ken on lunar
- Hold Still for 3 seconds

Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.

shalafi, Maicodama, Jak, Kofi & KenSan Jnr. must sit out of this round.
Good luck everyone!

The Void

Since it's been a Lunary week, I thought I'd take a break from Outlink and have a go at this. So...

http://juggling.tv/15829 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download

And then, as I'm typing this, I see @Dimensions' "450˚" comment. Ah. Any good, @KenSan (Jnr?)?
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KenSan

That was very well executed @The Void but yes we were thinking of the ken going through the full 1.5 rotations before catching the lunar.
So we will decline this effort.

The Void

Yep, fair enough. My knees are done in for the day, so maybe I'll try again tomorrow, if I get a free moment.

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 08 April, 2016, 17:11:26
Yep, fair enough. My knees are done in for the day, so maybe I'll try again tomorrow, if I get a free moment.
I'll try my best that you don't ;-)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

I've got close quite a few times with the full 450˚, but never got it to stick. Anyone else trying (with a glooper)?