News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Consistency competition #4

Started by kendamatty, 25 October, 2011, 14:27:04

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Never mind this "making it easier" business - Benjugglin is nearly there[nb]Well, after the latest modification, maybe[/nb] by the sounds of it - what this comp needs is more naming of prizes!  ;)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

kendamatty

[/quote]
Quote from: The Void on 05 November, 2011, 11:45:30
Never mind this "making it easier" business - Benjugglin is nearly there[nb]Well, after the latest modification, maybe[/nb] by the sounds of it - what this comp needs is more naming of prizes!  ;)

Ah yes you have triggered my memory!!
So as this is quite a taxing task, we have up for grabs...
Kendama usa stickers, a kendama stand, a David blaine dvd, and a mini peg! And of course a signed piece of artwork from Donald Grant. You can dooo it, especially making the pen flip optional!

The Void

I managed 1-6 dropless today. Not that that gives me much hope of completing it...
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

DrJochum

Hey boys[nb]I am wondering whether it is impolite to all those female kendama players[/nb]! Come on! You can do it!

The weekend is coming up. The challenge is still there.

I like number 3.

And I also like the Mystery trick with the pen.
I do not use a classical biro. I use a pen with a longer and slightly bigger cup (more like the cup of a fountain pen).
I did the pen haneken (jumping pen?) and also the pen chikyu mawashi (pen cup flip/earth turn). The cup flip was much easier.
Both are really fun![nb]Tip: use an empty pen unless you want to get dotted fingers...[/nb]

I really want to see number 8 (bat > bird > in). Matt, did you do that trick yourself?

If you are still struggling with this competition, why do you not entertain us with trick number 8 (just that one on video for me).
Or show us some mystery pen trick!

Thank you!

Body and mind - Kendama and Shogi

DrJochum

I think this competition is to difficult (with number 8 ) for a consistency competition.
I am sure someone will do it sometime.
Meanwhile...

Lately I was looking for rather easy tricks I have not done before. http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,24.msg1698.html#msg1698

Then I came up with an idea for a consistency competition.
All tricks are not so difficult (except maybe one).
And they all fit into one theme very well.

Anybody interested?
Body and mind - Kendama and Shogi

BKA

Well, this one has been going for a month now, with no-one really showing any signs of doing it. Matt, what do you think?

Peter

I think, Matt should show us how to do this trick list, thus, proving that it is possible getting the right to invent a new one himself ;-)

kendamatty

Ah ok maybe a bit ambitious for me first list! I'll have a go at filming it tomorrow and get working on a new list. Who knows, someone may get it before I release mine!?

Toby

How about allowing one drop...see if anyone gets it in a week or so and if not, allow 2 drops etc...?!

Dunno how else to simplify it without just giving up on the list completely really...
SRC 2011 Moshi Kame Champion

kendamatty

Quote from: Toby on 29 November, 2011, 00:02:04
How about allowing one drop...see if anyone gets it in a week or so and if not, allow 2 drops etc...?!

Dunno how else to simplify it without just giving up on the list completely really...

Advice taken on board Toby  :)

Now please look at the update at the start of the thread, I'm sure someone can conquer this and claim the glory ! (And the mini pegs!!)

The Void

Quote from: DrJochum on 18 November, 2011, 11:56:57Tip: use an empty pen unless you want to get dotted fingers...
I just noticed this footnote. Ha! :)
Quote from: kendamatty on 28 November, 2011, 21:03:10I'll have a go at filming it tomorrow and get working on a new list.
I think if you've set a list that is impossible (or so it seems), then you've forfeited the right to set a new one. How about 1 more week, then you hand over to Dr Jochum?:
Quote from: DrJochum on 25 November, 2011, 21:29:47Then I came up with an idea for a consistency competition. All tricks are not so difficult (except maybe one). And they all fit into one theme very well. Anybody interested?

donald grant

C'mon, Matty, you can do it!!!

I'm sure we've all learned something from this (or at least, I'VE learned that base cup to lighthouse is so much easier from pen grip than common grip.  Oh, and bat, bird, in is beyond me at the moment.....:) )

C'mon Matty, you can do it!!!

Donald

kendamatty

Cheers Donald! I'm sure most who attempted it learned something. And besides, I thought it would have little point if it was too easy! So here is my run with 1 mistake. A new list will be posted this eve with a doubles theme, but is more manageable than this one! Stay tuned...

consistency competition 4 - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

The Void

Congrats Matty, very impressive as always - you win the prizes! :-)
Well done, and I look forward to the next one, with the hope I might be able to enter! ^_^