News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Acrylic SunRise ?

Started by Loulouis, 23 April, 2012, 19:10:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Loulouis

Hi there,

I want to ask your knowledge about that kendama, that I feel so beautiful... I bought one a few weeks ago, and it should arrive in France in a few days.
I have seen it for the first time in a KendAlex's edit, but anywhere else.
Why? Will I become the second guy to have an Acrylic tama?
Is it that bad?

KendaMushroom

when you say acrylic do you mean Plexiglas? transparent ball?

BKA

Acrylic is right. David originally produced just a few as trophies, but now has them for sale on his site.

http://www.thekendamacompany.com/400-sunrise-acrylic.html

Loulouis

So I took one to David a few weeks ago!  ;D I already known that website, but I just don't understand why, on YouTube for example, only Alex Ruisch has make an edit. Because that kendama is just UNBELIEVABLE!

(Really sorry for mistakes, I feel previous lines sooo bad.)

sunnyD

the trophy models were all hand made - and you can see that in the quality of the drilling but not in the winner's smile.
To get the anna (hole) machining done with a really nice finish has proven very expensive so one more attempt with a good friend in the UK who makes formula 1 parts.... and if that does not work out then it is time to get my own low-speed lathe for the job.
Just a few days for mssr. laposte on his little yellow moped to come knocking on your door......

Loulouis

Just receive the mine, and very happy for that ball. Sound like no one! A little bit scared to play with on a solid ground, but I will get the habit to play with on grass.
Thanks David! :)