News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

the milky oolong

Today I finally landed this, albeit with the most begrudging camera in the world, which decided to cut the take into two files and kill the sound on the first thirty seconds. Sort of put a bit of a downer on landing a trick I've been trying since the first six months of kendama. Boo hoo. Oh well, here it is
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

Today I filmed a few tricks with a kendama. They may or may not emerge in the near future....
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Yesterday I began editing the Collaboration video (format conforming is so much fun). Bit more work on that now....
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KenSan

I've landed a few juggle to spikes over the last couple of days. Tama control is still a bit (very) suspect but now that I have done it I will persevere for sure.
As an aside I've tried to throw the ken again for the second juggle but my hand just wont let go of it! Any advice from the seasoned jugglers out there?
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

The Void

"If you don't keep throwing, you've stopped." Throw a second time NO MATTER WHAT. Also, I've found that trying to leave the ken throw as late as possible (as advised by Maico) seems to help.

Meanwhile, last night I got these Dead Body Rovers:

KenSan

Okay will heed that advice.

Nice Trick too.

The Void

Today I read this....
Quote from: the milky oolong on 20 June, 2016, 18:45:10The Void's Stilt/DB/Lunar number
...said this...
Quote from: The Void on 20 June, 2016, 19:17:17
If DB means Dead Body, then I look forward to seeing that, when I do it! ;) Might try it tonight, actually....
...and did this...

Cheers, @the milky oolong ! :)

shalafi

Today I finally got to practice the EKO list. Better late than never. I got way better at Dead Body and still struggling with the nunchaku aeroplane, but it was fun to get a kendama for some focused practice.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 20 June, 2016, 22:36:53
Today I read this....
Quote from: the milky oolong on 20 June, 2016, 18:45:10The Void's Stilt/DB/Lunar number
...said this...
Quote from: The Void on 20 June, 2016, 19:17:17
If DB means Dead Body, then I look forward to seeing that, when I do it! ;) Might try it tonight, actually....
...and did this...

Cheers, @the milky oolong ! :)
Oh, cross posted. Nicely done. I was just reviewing the new messages and saw those, nice to see you got to it :)

KenSan

Just saw that on IG. Very nicely done. Super controlled and smoooooth! @The Void

The Void

Going Pro then, @shalafi? Cool. Edit: Sorry, of course, you went Pro last year too. I was getting my years confused.
Cheers guys. Took me longer than I expected. Got plenty of Stils>DBs, but the last bit was surprisingly awkward. Made it in the end though. :)

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 21 June, 2016, 15:47:09
Going Pro then, @shalafi? Cool. Edit: Sorry, of course, you went Pro last year too. I was getting my years confused.
Cheers guys. Took me longer than I expected. Got plenty of Stils>DBs, but the last bit was surprisingly awkward. Made it in the end though. :)
You know, since I suck at spacewalks and Advanced is a ladder, I think I have a better chance to hit something at the Pro level :)

The Void

Ha, cool. :) I wonder if you'll have any rivals for the Spanish title this year....

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 21 June, 2016, 16:26:09
Ha, cool. :) I wonder if you'll have any rivals for the Spanish title this year....
I hope so. It'll be very boring otherwise.

the milky oolong

Today I...

Decided that three official titles means I can edit my profile status on fighting my stage-fears and winning Intermediate at Berlin's Kendama Clash on the weekend (photos of shiny trophy and lovely new kendama to come). I also rough-cut two tricks that I landed at Glasgow International, on my way back from a beautiful week on Islay staying at the Bruichladdich distillery. These two were thought out while sipping Classic Laddie, Port Charlotte, and Octomore single malts. I said thought out, not landed! Hic!

Oh yeah, the tricks are:

1: (Sara grip) Big Cup > Inward 3/4 Turntable > Outward 3/4 Turntable > Turntable > Tré Turntable > Stab (Earth Turn if you Nasty finish)
2: (almost certain it's been done before but something I'm calling) Around Islay: Small Cup > Spike > (Grip Switch to Tama grip) > Jumping Stick > (Grip Switch to Ken grip) Big Cup > Spike (Grip Switch to Tama grip) >  JS > (Grip Switch to Ken grip) > Base Cup (Grip Switch to Tama grip) > JS.
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate