News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Ah, I was wondering if you'd let Matt get away with having the spike on the opposite side of the fingers to the picture, but didn't want to say anything to jinx it. But you approved it, so cool, onwards!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Kev

Yes indeed. I didn't specify which cup or which side.

Raises an interesting point though. I guess for precision we'd specify the cup and side in future e.g. Big/Small Cup Inner/Outer Pistolero - all just variants, all pretty tricky!

Well done again Matt.  :)

kendamatty

Ah yes good spot void! I suppose it would be difficult to shoot a pistol with my fingers on the other side of the trigger..but thanks to kev's leniency/lack of gun knowledge  the show goes on!

And yes for style points,  trigger fingers straight in the future!

Next trick for #107:

Pistolero > lighthouse.

So ken does a 180 degree turn to land in the position and hold for your usual three seconds

It seems easy enough,  but after a few tries, keeping the ken tame for the lighthouse catch wihout making the string taught (so it jaunts away) can be a little tricky...

Best of luck to all!

Kev

Dimensions

Next trick is:
107. [Pistolero with Dropped Tama] > Fast Hand Lighthouse
- Start on a Pistolero with the tama hanging
- Throw everything upwards (so the ken rotates 180°)
- Grab the tama
- Catch the ken on a lighthouse position
- Balance still for 3 seconds

Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.
[user]Sonicpearse[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user] [user]Kendama+cliniK[/user], [user]Kev[/user] & [user]kendamatty[/user]must sit out of this round.
Good luck everyone!
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

The Void

Tricky little beast. Just spent 10 minutes on it. "String-pings" got me several times....
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

kendamatty

Ha I love the "string ping" phrase.
A tip for all you budding pistolero folk; for me the longer I leave it till catching the tama the better,  to give maximum time for the ken to rotate freely. .

The Void

Obviously 10 minutes was clearly not enough, and it needed another 3.
Endless Combo 107 - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

A touch out of frame at the top... Any good [user]kendamatty[/user]?

kendamatty

Looking good void, nicely executed! As it didn't go out of frame at a crucial moment in the trick (catch or release), then we shall proceed!

What's next?

The Void

Thanks Matt. Next up,

108. [Lighthouse]> Drop to horizontal forearm trap.
Catch both ends in the trap at the same time please, and nice and horizontal.
Pic attached.

Thumbs up optional!

Dimensions

Next trick is:
108. [from Lighthouse] > Horizontal Forearm Trap
- Start on a lighthouse (hold still for a couple of seconds please!)
- Drop the ken so it rotates 90°
- Place your forearm out
- Catch the ken at the same time with the tama and your forearm
- Picture Above

Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.
[user]Dimensions[/user] [user]Kendama+cliniK[/user], [user]Kev[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user] & [user]The Void[/user] must sit out of this round.
Good luck everyone!
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

LarsVegas

Here's the video - after I did today in our meeting without camera, I tried to repeat that at home - after only about 20 trials it worked. Hope it counts (even with the stupid face and the not so many seconds I held the lighthouse):

EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

The Void

LarsVegas

Move away left arm and throw ken 270° counterclockwise, then catch ken (spike points down) with the left hand (like aeroplane)
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

BKA

Quote from: LarsVegas on 19 November, 2014, 13:31:47
Move away left arm and throw ken 270° counterclockwise, then catch ken (spike points down) with the left hand (like aeroplane)
So, you swap the ball into the other hand, underneath the flying ken?