News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Oozora Galaxy

Started by Thorny, 08 October, 2011, 18:18:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorny

Anyone managed to get their hands on one yet?
Any notes on their endurance/performance yet?

Brody

Quote from: Thorny on 08 October, 2011, 18:18:19

A friend of mine has one I to be honest I did not really like it. I don't know there was something about it that made me mad.

KourageDama

Quote from: Brody on 20 October, 2011, 02:15:32
Quote from: Thorny on 08 October, 2011, 18:18:19

A friend of mine has one I to be honest I did not really like it. I don't know there was something about it that made me mad.
Same here. The paint was slick and was easily chipped. It didn't have that Oozora feeling to it. If I were to get one, I'd just display it.

Thorny

I have an orange one now.
And now it's worn slightly it plays nicely, I think! It hasn't chipped at all except slightly around the hole, I'm going to get a green one for display.

BKA

Mr Jumpshoe seems to like them. Read his review here.

We love the page title!

AlexSmith

I always like My. Jumpshoe's reviews, they're well written and he seems to approach them from a rather objective viewpoint. Great work on them, I usually find myself agreeing with his main points.

Greg the Strangler

Colin Sander agrees.

go to 0:55, hear the man speak.
January–Kengarden Beginner Champion
May–Kengarden Intermediate Champion
December–Kengarden Advanced Champion

KendAlex

Peter

Hmmmm... it is not only the 0.55 scene... Well, this is really a rough cut, yet, it reflexes severall issues of Kendama nowadays. The first is, of course: there is a global community! Nice seeing so many enthusiasts playing and clicking and just having fun. Nothing to add on this.

The other one is: there is some niche sort of industry trying to make a living out of it, right? I personally would like to encourage everyone, who thinks he could earn his daily living by merchandising Kendama. Really, I appreciate all this innovative stuff, bringing new aspects and ideas to the game,...

But, frankly: hey folks, this will remain a niche. Don't focus your heart on financial earnings, but on immaterial rewards. Will you, please?