News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

the milky oolong

Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

LarsVegas

As I'm not allowed to participate and can't land lunars anyway, this might be _the_ opportunity to finally practice them. I might need them later :)
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

shalafi

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

kendamatty

Quote from: shalafi on 28 January, 2015, 13:01:35
I have faith in [user]kendamatty[/user] :)

I don't, it'll be my first landed one if it happens! I do have an old sticky terra which may do the trick, but even with a super sticky tama, and a light ken (the terra weighs in around 85 grams, which is not that light..), you need unbelievable cushioning ability. My attempts have been feeble at best, although I did get regular j-stick to an inward stilt... getting there!

I think we have have to call upon a new entrant to the endless combo for this one...

shalafi

I'll wait a bit longer to see if someone lands it, otherwise I'd allow any direction of rotation for it, as long as the ken spins more than 180 degrees.

I'd rather have the combo going than wait for a trick that is harder than I expected.

The Void

Quote from: shalafi on 29 January, 2015, 11:09:27I'd rather have the combo going than wait for a trick that is harder than I expected.
You should have thought of that before you set it! Didn't you try the trick yourself before you set it? To get the idea if it was feasible? (Genuinely interested.)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Actually, I only tried it conceptually, mostly because I suck at lunars.

It looked like that rotation was not that bad, in fact I thought it could be easier than the other way around.

I should add trick conceptualist to my forum tag.

the milky oolong

I've tried it just for fun here, and honestly, it's hard enough getting into Inward Lunar from Tama grip just pulling away from the ken and cushioning into it. Very hard work. Trying to flip into it, the added speed makes it a monster. I was pretty surprised to see that it is at all 'do-able'!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

shalafi

Given that I've set up a trick much harder than I thought, let's make it easier.

Somersault to Inward Lunar. Flip can be in any direction as long as the ken rotates more than 180 degrees.

shalafi

No takers? in the reverse direction it shouldn't be that hard, right?

kendamatty

shalafi

It's excellent, plus a 1-turn aeroplane by-the-face.

Your turn, what's next?

kendamatty

Merci! The One turn aeroplane is for cup positioning more than anything else (and good practice for the IKO...)

Ok, so next up for endless combo #113:

Opposite lunar > Candlestick

The Void

I'm back in! Right then, let's try to get this moving again...

Endless Combo #113 - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv
I think I might get failed for going out of frame though.... I'll go and try again...
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void