News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The Kendama Forum Collaboration Video 2014 - Released!

Started by The Void, 09 June, 2014, 15:08:20

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

We, the kendama forum, present to the world,
The Kendama Forum Collaboration Video 2014!
40 clickers sent 58 clips and took up 39GB of my hard drive by the end of the project!

Thanks to everyone who took part. Here's the prize draw, which will make 2 of you extra happy:

And now for the actual video:
JTV version is 50fps (and has download links on the JTV page).
Vimeo version is only 30fps.

It would be great to get this video spread around, so if you are up for Sharing/Tweeeting/IG-ing this link: http://kendama.co.uk/collab then that would be cool!

Comments and ratings on Vimeo or JTV are welcome, as well as replies here! :)
HD, full screen, full volume, full fun!

CAUTION! The 3rd song contains profanities. Stop watching or mute it after song 2 if you're likely to be offended.

http://juggling.tv/14162 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Great edit, lots of people, which is always nice, and some amazing tricks, which is also nice.

Something I really like is that each player has a special style.

And Dimensions, I loved the trick with the rings, but watch out, the (even) younger generation is coming strong!

Hard to pick a favourite trick, SamB and Matt are always in my list of favs. MrEasyGuy with Around the USA with switch to tama grip (or however you call that trick) was also cool.

Still, the best part is to see 40 people participating :)

Oh, and being the player on the thumbnail, that's also cool.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

DamaLife24

Very epic! Well done on the collaboration edit void! It's very cool to see so much love for kendama in one big video =]
Bryan Burnett

SamB

Yeah! this is great! It seems really, like real, compared to most edits. It's got some crazy combos but most of it is just cool, creative and fun.
Good job all!

Plus it was good motivation, I filmed 2 more tricks so I can use them for something else now!
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

shalafi

I just posted it to the Kendama Spain and Dutch Kendama groups on facebook :)

Dimensions

Wow! This was amazing! So many awesome tricks in such a great collaborative video
It's hard to determine the best tricks but the ones that stand out the most are...

Matt( nix)'s first trick and both, rather intense, axe tricks near the end - axe somersault still eludes me!
Will's first trick - you just keep getting better it's unreal!
Wictor's double balance - I caught my eye on that at BKO but only the end, nice to see the full version
Milky Oolong's stringy thing big cup airplane thingy I liked the style with this clip
And finally Aaron's headphone stall - creativity to the MAX!

But there were a lot of hard and awesome tricks in here - time for another re-watch methinks!

-Rob

Oh and mreasyguy I heard about your incident with the  No-hole stiltwalk, it's a shame your camera died during the filming - unlucky! But your last trick was still impressive, I've never landed a standard backhand J-stick they've all been reverse!

Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

kendamatty

Well Void, this turned out a right treat!  I really enjoyed watching, it has a really realistic/down to earth aspect to it (as SamB said).
Some craking tricks in there, but also good to see a lot of faces participating and doing what kendama is all about.

shalafi

I just went through the credits to check the name:Will T, that's him. Amazing new generations...

emagdnim

Really nice,

I was to late with filming  :( to days after the deadline :S

The Void

Quote from: emagdnim on 09 June, 2014, 16:17:49I was to late with filming  :( to days after the deadline :S
Damn, if you'd told me, I could have fitted you in.  :-\
So, join in the Endless Combo instead. :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

the milky oolong

[user]Everyone involved (you too emagdnim)[/user],

This was a great thing to be a part of, really happy with how it turned out, really brings over the diversity of players and styles coming together on the forum. Was totally shocked to have got lucky in the draw, had to do a real double take!

Special thanks to Void for making it happen, great clicking with you all!  ;D
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

mreasyguy

Wow! Such a great video that showcases the Forum really well. Too many good tricks to call.
[user]The Void[/user] You did a good job here, really good job *tips hat*

[user]shalafi[/user] I really want to call that last trick of mine "Around Australia" (That's if it's not coined already!) mainly due to it being identical to USA but upside-down in a sense haha!

[user]Dimensions[/user] May have got it again for an upcoming edit  ;)  Been stacking clips the last few weeks so hope to get something out real soon.

Well done everyone, great watch and it's really nice being part of a project with such a diverse group of clickers.

donald grant

Great vid, and so good to see so many people contributing this time round!

Big thanks to The Void for nailing it all together, that's a heck of a lot of work, and I'm sure everyone here appreciates it.

On a side note, nice to see so many "team KD" souls included; I have a sudden urge to watch Jurassic Park or something ... :)

Kev

This is absolutely brilliant!

So many people, so many great tricks and the soundtrack and edit is ace too.

Well done all, thanks @Void.

Kenta Sakamoto

Thank you very much all. I am happy to join such a great video.