News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Easy comp - win a Play Pro K triple stripe

Started by BKA, 10 November, 2016, 16:32:06

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

Quote from: Dimensions on 14 November, 2016, 15:46:43
Recently read, but its 'Ready Player One' for me
You're too young to get all the nostalgia from that book ;-). Nice one, I enjoyed it too.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Dimensions

Ah, but that's what your missing Shalafi, I'm a geek.
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

Jedi_man

The Star Wars: Jedi Quest book series. They're actually pretty good books! I haven't really read that many good books though  :P

BKA

@Jedi_man Perhaps we could have guessed that from your user name. :) If you haven't read many good books, and are looking to try more, then maybe you could take the other answers here as recommendation. Anyway, we'll take the first one in the series "Star Wars - Jedi Quest : Path to Truth" as your answer. Accepted, thanks!

shalafi

Quote from: Dimensions on 15 November, 2016, 22:38:42
Ah, but that's what your missing Shalafi, I'm a geek.
I didn't doubted you did the research and enjoy it, even knowing most of it.... but it's not nostalgia.

TBH I had to go check out joust, never seen that arcade game before, I think it never reached Europe.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Quote from: shalafi on 16 November, 2016, 11:11:41I had to go check out joust, never seen that arcade game before, I think it never reached Europe.
It reached the UK at least.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Acmuirhead

Having dyslexia I get frustrated when I'm reading. Enjoy listening to audio books but seeing this is abouts books. My favourite book would be Daft wee stories by Limmy. Really funny stories and short enough to keep my attention.

BKA

@Acmuirhead The one about Susan(?) slipping into the spaces between the molecules was great. Accepted, thanks.

Cand1ez

BKA

@Cand1ez It certainly contains some incredible stories. Accepted, thanks.

johndmc

High Fidelity by Nick Hornby would be mine
Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)

BKA

@johndmc Put the needle on the record! Accepted, thanks.

LarsVegas

I incredibly enjoy Terry Pratchett. But with the wealth of his oeuvre, it's really hard to identify my favourite. I chose "Guards! Guards!" because among all the humanitarian issues that are covered by Pratchett's books in the most hilarious way, the Guards series deals so deeply with justice and human rights. In these times, I find this one of the more serious topics.
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

BKA

@LarsVegas Indeed, comedy is a serious business. Accepted, thanks.

BKA