News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

I did tried it yesterday but did not land it. Will try again today
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

kendamatty

You can do it! Its quite a weord one to come out of too so will be interesting to see what you come up for the next one...
Remember no cheeky thumbs!

shalafi

It is quite hard, haven't landed it a single time... Never landed an Axe either (never tried seriously thou)

kendamatty

I have faith that you can do it! Place the axe in an axe first so you can learn the exact hole position required for balancing. A  worn in tama will also help with grip of the shaft on the ball. Then all I can advise after learning thst is minimal throw up from the LH and once the axe is on, I find that any wiggles will make it fall off. So the big cup rim will almost bite into position for a minimal cushioning catch.  Good luck!

SamB

Some classically bad mobile phone framing but I got it!

My tip for Shalafi, if you still want to try it, is to keep everything vary straight, have the hole facing you so you are looking down it and then the drop is a small movement and the ken should fall straight down.
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

shalafi

Mmm, I was trying to flip the ken a bit, will try a straight drop. Thanks.

kendamatty

The straight drop is good advice (better than mine). And nice work Samuel,  the floor is yours!

SamB

Sweet!

82 is Axe to Stilts (3 seconds)!

Big cup for both but you can do the spin any way you like.
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

BKA

[user]DamaLife24[/user], [user]The Void[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]Kev[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user] & [user]SamB[/user] are now entered into the prize draw for rounds 76-100 (News of prizes to follow soon.)

Next trick is:
82. [from Axe] > Stilts (3 seconds still)
Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait.
Successful entrants get put in the prize draw.
[user]The Void[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]Kev[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user] & [user]SamB[/user] must sit out round 82.
Good luck everyone!

shalafi

You may be interested in knowing that I started this same game in the Spanish juggling forum, so all the young spanish kendama players that do not speak English can participate: http://www.circoforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18218

I'll be moderating that one, but participating in both! BWAHAHA

BKA

Quote from: shalafi on 05 June, 2014, 16:03:34You may be interested in knowing that I started this same game in the Spanish juggling forum, so all the young spanish kendama players that do not speak English can participate: http://www.circoforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18218

I'll be moderating that one, but participating in both! BWAHAHA
Fantastic! :-)

SamB

Yup, looks good to me! Good work, your turn!

mreasyguy

Right, I think I will go with this:

Stilt>Juggle to base cup

So start the spin by basically doing a stilt flip, throw up tama, catch ken and then catch the tama on the base cup.

shalafi