News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Stamp It Stomp It - SISI 2

Started by BKA, 03 September, 2017, 22:10:07

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

Round 7 is over, and we have two players through to the final (?), Round 8: @Jak and @kendamatty. However, with his Late Lifeline still intact, @Matt Goody can rejoin in Round 8 if he also posts a valid entry for Round 7.

The vote for Round 6 is tied with 1 vote each for Matt G and Jak. Void decides: "Again, it's hard to pick, but I liked the deliberate pace, and the Bat>FH Aeroplane start, so I'm giving it to Matt."
Congratulations Matt G, you will go into the final round of Best Combo voting. http://kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,3079.msg29816.html#msg29816

Round 8
Deadline: Sunday October 8th, 16:00 BST

Wingwalker
Barrel Roll**
Somersault*
Stabbed Earth Turn
Helicopter
Hanging Lighthouse
Yank (Spike or Aeroplane)
*With the ken balanced, somersault 360° back to the same balance. Must be base-cup-over-spike rotation.
** Minimum 360°. From Lunar or Dead Body, back to where it came from.

http://juggling.tv/16668 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download
...and just because a couple of the demos went slightly out of frame, that doesn't mean you're allowed to!

Final Round Rules:
As usual, but, if no-one posts a combo with all 7 tricks, then the next best combo will win. (e.g. 6 out of 7, or 5 out of 7....) No preference will be given to any tricks. Post your best entry. However, if you post an incomplete entry, but then record one with a greater number of tricks done, then you can post that as well.

If there is still a tie after Round 8, there will be one final tiebreaker round[nb]...of death[/nb].

Since there are only 2 entries on time for Round 7, there will/can be no voting, so Void will choose the winner. And since there's no need to wait for that...
"Again, hella hard to split the two, but I'll go with Jak for starting with the Opposite Axe."
Congratulations Jak, you will go into the final round of Best Combo voting again. http://kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,3079.msg29824.html#msg29824

kendamatty

Wow, that was tough! I've only reached the Yank twice, and both times weren't successful. I suppose there isn't much to do now except await judgement (and eagerly refresh the page awaiting Jak's successful yank spike!!)

http://juggling.tv/16669 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download

Jak

I'm getting like 4, I was thinking I'd hopefully get 5 but 6 will be complete luck I think. Great job, dude. I'll keep trying though...

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

BKA

@kendamatty :
Hanging Lighthouse Yep
Somersault Yep
Helicopter Yep
Stabbed Earth Turn - Nope. You did a Stab, and then an Earth Turn, but (after some head-scratching frame-by-frame playback) the Earth Turn itself was Spiked (below horizontal), not Stabbed (above horizontal).
Wingwalker Yep
Barrel Roll Yep

So, that's a 5/7 run Acknowledged and Accepted. You can re-submit a 6/7 or 7/7 attempt if you wish.

Does that keep you interested, @Jak and @Matt Goody;D

Matt Goody

Great job @kendamatty !!
And thanks for the vote @BKA , made my day yesterday :D

Really want to have a go at this... but think I could probably only manage 3 or 4. I'm still, however, stuck on round 7 :(

It seems each trick takes it in turns to be the one I stumble on! If it's not the double j, it's the juggle or the axe 😂

I'm not giving up yet, but happy to watch you two fight to the death!

Good luck!
Instagram
@g00dr0

Jak

Only 4 for me this evening. Achey back not helping, probably a result of yesterday's attempt, haha.

Does helicopter have to be in a specific grip? (ie. Is a ken grip version allowed?) It's a trick I've never really done (or seen) before...

I changed my lunar barrel roll to a dead body roll and I'm getting the 4 more consistently, but I've not had the luck of landing a yank or whatever to make it up to 5.

I'll have another session to try and get it but big respect to Matty on his 5 (and being so close to a 6/7!), wouldn't be ashamed coming second after that.

Another go tomorrow...

BKA

@Jak Yes, Helicopter is from and to Secret Grip. There's probably a ken grip version which is a fair bit easier, so no to that.

Jak

Just to let you know there'll be no last-minute post from me. Sadly not had enough chance to film this weekend. Really glad I made it into to the final few contestants. I will just have to hope I get some votes in the best combo instead, but well done everyone involved!

kendamatty

I though that @Jak  was going to swoop in with a last minute video, so I just recorded an attempt at 6/7. (That Yank keeps evading me!)

http://juggling.tv/16671 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download

I'll await judgement...

Let's see if @Matt Goody comes in with a last minute video?...

BKA

@kendamatty :
Hanging Lighthouse Yep
Somersault Yep
Helicopter Yep
Stabbed Earth Turn - This time, Yep!
Wingwalker Yep
Barrel Roll Yep

So, that's a 6/7 run Acknowledged and Accepted. You can re-submit a 7/7 attempt if you wish, and are mega quick!

shalafi

to think that he made an unrequested yank on an early round :)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BKA

TIME'S UP! More info shortly....

BKA

We have a result. Congratulations to @kendamatty for winning SISI2! Would you like the Royal SuperNatural or the KendamaUSA Kaizen as your prize?

Completed 6/7ths of Round 8
1st Kendamatty

Completed Round 7
2nd Jak

Completed Round 6
3rd Matt Goody

Completed Round 5
4th paulsayer

Completed R4
5th= s070s Dice126 shalafi rhys_goes_peace & johndmc

Completed R3
10th DanieLambert

Completed R2
11th KenSan

Completed R1
16th= BenPycroft24 jakub.zahumensky fiddletriks John & oesterzilla

We will start a new Poll thread for the winner of the Best Combo.

Thanks to @The Void & @Dimensions for filming tricks, and thanks to everyone who entered!

Pleased that the drop-out rate was very roughly a smooth line. Maybe 4 days was a bit tight but a month felt like the right length for the competition. Great work by (especially) the last 3, to keep the comp alive down to the wire.

BKA

Jak

Congratulations @kendamatty ...very well deserved