News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

European Kendama Open 2017

Started by jakub.zahumensky, 18 April, 2017, 19:16:42

Previous topic - Next topic

jakub.zahumensky

Quote from: shalafi on 11 May, 2017, 12:41:26
Anyway, as it is an odd year, I won't be attending. I have my hopes for 2018, which is an even year :)

You were there in Leeds, that was an odd year as well.

shalafi

Quote from: jakub.zahumensky on 11 May, 2017, 12:43:55
Quote from: shalafi on 11 May, 2017, 12:41:26
Anyway, as it is an odd year, I won't be attending. I have my hopes for 2018, which is an even year :)

You were there in Leeds, that was an odd year as well.
Yes, that was the exception :) only because it was too close.

I have very limited time off lately :(
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

jakub.zahumensky

Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced videos are up! Pro tomorrow :-)

shalafi

Quote from: jakub.zahumensky on 12 May, 2017, 12:02:55
Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced videos are up! Pro tomorrow :-)
As I mentioned on facebook, I really like how the tricks are executed and edited on this videos. They are excellent demo videos. Great work.

jakub.zahumensky

Quote from: shalafi on 12 May, 2017, 13:44:47
As I mentioned on facebook, I really like how the tricks are executed and edited on this videos. They are excellent demo videos. Great work.

Thank you for your kind words, we did our best :)

jakub.zahumensky

Fanfare, please, the PRO tricklist video is now live! :)

jakub.zahumensky

note to @Dimensions - the poster originally said "Wanted Dead or Dead" - thank Dario for making me change it :D

Dimensions

Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

The Void

"...or persons"? How does that work?
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Dimensions

Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

jakub.zahumensky

jakub.zahumensky

*DOUBLE POST ALERT*

1. Note that there are notes on 3 tricks in the pro division! Very important! The affected tricks are printed blue on kendama-open.eu and you will see the notes upon clicking on the respective trick.
2. European Cup (Gloken style; #gleko for short) tricklist is finally public! Should have been a great deal sooner, I know... :-/ Videos coming soon! Watch the EKO facebook page and kendama-open.eu - I will try to put the links here as well, but I may be lagging. If there are any questions, ask away. Note: LEVEL 1 does not necessarily mean beginner ;) We could only work with what people sent us...

EDIT: slight update of the tricklist - downspike down Earth turn moved from level 5 to level 2 in the exchange of reverse spacewalk swapspike

The Void

@jakub.zahumensky Re "Allowed kendamas"... clarity please:
"In all divisions, you are free to use any kendama of your choice as long as it fits these dimension limits: ken height - maximum? 17 cm; sarado width? - maximum? 7.5 cm; base bugger me, really? cup maximum? internal?/external? diameter?- 4.5 cm. All JKA and BKA approved kendamas satisfy this neatly, as does a Mugen Musou."
Also, I assume that any size tama is permitted too? ^_^
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

jakub.zahumensky

Quote from: The Void on 14 June, 2017, 12:18:07
@jakub.zahumensky Re "Allowed kendamas"... clarity please:
"In all divisions, you are free to use any kendama of your choice as long as it fits these dimension limits: ken height - maximum? 17 cm; sarado width? - maximum? 7.5 cm; base bugger me, really? cup maximum? internal?/external? diameter?- 4.5 cm. All JKA and BKA approved kendamas satisfy this neatly, as does a Mugen Musou."
Also, I assume that any size tama is permitted too? ^_^

Yes, those are maximum dimensions (i.e. anything smaller than... people can use a mini as far as I am concerned). So yeah, ken no higher than 17 cm. Sarado not wider than 7.5 cm. Base cup external diameter (as measured in the widest part of the ken, technically, if we want to go nit-picking) no bigger than 4.5 cm (You may be surprised, but i have one dama with base cup bigger than big cup.). Tamas of any size is the current state of the matter.
Would "fit within these dimension limits" make it clearer that those are maximum dimensions? I thought it was quite clear from the description as it is.

shalafi

I know you worked with the tricks you were sent, but the difficulty of the gloken style cup is quite higher than the one on the real gloken cup. Specially on the lower levels.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk