News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Kev

Just managed to score my Pre-Dan and followed up with this, thanks to [user]The Void[/user] for filming!

Today is a good kendama day, I'm on a bit of a roll!

Endless Combo #73 - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

SamB

Oh yeah! Great knee action Kev!
Your turn to set!
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

Kev

Thanks [user]SamB[/user]!

Ok. Endless Combo #74 is:

Weak Arm Landing Strip > Strong Hand Lighthouse.

I'd like to see the ken do a 270 degree flip towards your body and then land with a nice clean catch in Lighthouse (for good form held still for 3 seconds).

All good?

BKA

[user]joris.schweppe[/user], [user]Sonicpearse[/user], [user]The Void[/user], [user]HansNickmans[/user], [user]Mark[/user], [user]Kendama+cliniK[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user], [user]jordanfung[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]mreasyguy[/user], [user]Kev[/user], [user]SweetsKendamas[/user], [user]KendAlex[/user], [user]Mr. Tiller[/user] & [user]SamB[/user] are all now in the Endless Combo prize draw.

Next trick is:
74. Weak Arm Landing Strip > Strong Hand Lighthouse
(270˚ spin)
Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait.
Successful entrants get put in the prize draw. [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]mreasyguy[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user], [user]SamB[/user] & [user]Kev[/user] must sit out round 74.
Good luck everyone!

Sonicpearse

Sonicpearse

Kev

Well then!

You couldn't be closer time-wise with the 'hold still for 3 seconds' request, but I've watched it through a few times now and and can confidently count 3 Mississippis so, it's all good!  8)

Well done [user]Sonicpearse[/user]! What've you got in mind for #75?

Sonicpearse

What would we do without the good 'ole mississippi?! Excellent!
Trick #75 is....
From lighthouse & in one smooth movement, swap to candle grip & catch Tama in big cup.
Happy clicking!
Sonicpearse

BKA

[user]joris.schweppe[/user], [user]Sonicpearse[/user], [user]The Void[/user], [user]HansNickmans[/user], [user]Mark[/user], [user]Kendama+cliniK[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user], [user]jordanfung[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]mreasyguy[/user], [user]Kev[/user], [user]SweetsKendamas[/user], [user]KendAlex[/user], [user]Mr. Tiller[/user] & [user]SamB[/user] are all now in the Endless Combo prize draw.

Next trick is:
75. Lighthouse > Fast Hand Candle Grip Big Cup
Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait.
Successful entrants get put in the prize draw. [user]mreasyguy[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user], [user]SamB[/user] & [user]Kev[/user] & [user]Sonicpearse[/user] must sit out round 75.
Good luck everyone!

shalafi

I should be able to land this. Does not sound too difficult.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

shalafi

So long since I am part of the Endless combo :)

Endless Combo #75 - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

Hope it is ok.

This time I took Void's advice: Always practice on camera. Last time I landed the Bat-kenflip-in out of camera. Not this time.

Somehow, the audio is totally out of sync in J.tv, but if you get the original, it is ok.

Also, sorry about the terrible lightning.

Sonicpearse

Well done Shalafi - practicing in front of the camera really does pay of! Although I can't see the tama land, it all looks very good - so, what devious trick are you going to set for #76?!
Sonicpearse

BKA

1. [user]joris.schweppe[/user],
2. [user]Sonicpearse[/user],
3. [user]The Void[/user],
4. [user]HansNickmans[/user],
5. [user]Mark[/user],
6. [user]Kendama+cliniK[/user],
7. [user]kendamatty[/user],
8. [user]jordanfung[/user],
9. [user]Dimensions[/user],
10. [user]mreasyguy[/user],
11. [user]Kev[/user],
12. [user]SweetsKendamas[/user],
13. [user]KendAlex[/user],
14. [user]Mr. Tiller[/user]
15. [user]SamB[/user] and
16. [user]shalafi[/user]
are all now in the Endless Combo prize draw.
News of the draw soon....

shalafi

Thanks Sonicpearse! (I really did not had a better place for the camera while practicing with a couch underneath)

If someone is interested, the trick for this one is to grab the ken and move forward (away from you) to do the flip, if you try to grab the ken and move it towards you it is way harder.

So, for the next trick, I want to see a (I hope this is the right name): Candle grip big cup -> Fast hand stab.

That is, from candle grip big cup.
*Throw the tama
*Throw the ken, switch to pen grip
*Stab the tama (also known as downspike)

(You can throw ken and tama together if it makes it easier)

BKA

Prize draw and the next compilation are both complete. Pending video compression, uploads, etc....

BKA

Endless Combo Parts 51-75 (compilation):
(If you're watching in the Flash player, the JTV [HD] button is your friend!)
Kendama Endless Combo Parts 51-75 - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

Endless Combo Prize Draw:

Thanks to everyone who took part in this section, and congrats to the two winners!