News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

Successful entrants will be entered into a prize draw for rounds 76-100 (News of prizes to follow soon.)

Next trick is:
76. [Candle grip] Big Cup -> Fast Hand Stab.
That is, from candle grip big cup....
*Throw the tama
*Throw the ken, switch to pen grip
*Stab the tama (also known as downspike)
(You can throw ken and tama together if it makes it easier)
Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait.
Successful entrants get put in the prize draw.
[user]kendamatty[/user], [user]SamB[/user], [user]Kev[/user], [user]Sonicpearse[/user] & [user]shalafi[/user] must sit out round 76.
Good luck everyone!

Dimensions

Im starting to think im the most unlucky forum member with these random prize draws...

In 3 of the 5 draws ive been "one number away"[nb]"One number as in one number in a list, as they are random technically everyone is "One number away!"[/nb]
in the member map, when you could win a free copy of "Click!" it landed on the number above
in the Membership bonus draw it landed one below
and then in this it was one above!

ah well, ther's always Oultink, the next membership draw and the next EC draw
Well done [Edit: names removed. Watch the prize vid to find out if you won!] the winners! And well don to all future winners...

-Rob

<edit> actually thinking about it I did win [user]kev[/user]'s picture competition, but that was a "out of a hat" draw instead of a random number
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

mreasyguy

Woooo! Orange sunrise  ;D Thanks, made my day that has!

shalafi

Cool, thanks for the compilation. Bad luck in the price draw, still, it was just a 12.5% chance of winning (actually less, but whatever)

I'm happy if I can appear on every video (so far I made it, barely, but made it)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

shalafi

also, at some point, let's say 100, we could do a complete compilation... just putting all the compilations together, but it is cool to see 100 tricks one after another.

Kev

Ace, thanks for editing [user]Void[/user]!

[user]Dimensions[/user], sounds like you should buy a lucky hat ;)

The Void

Quote from: shalafi on 24 April, 2014, 18:06:08it was just a 12.5% chance of winning (actually less, but whatever)
12.92%, actually, in this case.

So, I'll share a tactic to increase your chance of winning: Enter as many times as you can! Although you don't get multiple chances for repeat entries, it does reduce the number of slots available for other people (your opponents!) to enter.

Of course, I'd like to see a bunch of different (and new!) people entering, I'd also like to see the Combo keep rolling along at high speed. :-)

Come on, everyone, join in!
Quote from: Dimensions on 24 April, 2014, 17:43:34but that was a "out of a hat" draw instead of a random number
How do you think that's different?!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

DamaLife24

Ok so I'm unsure of how this endless combo works. Do I start in candle grip with the tama already on big cup? And then add on to the trick with my own trick?
Bryan Burnett

DamaLife24

Link to my endless combo #76 video. Hope I did this right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bryan Burnett

shalafi

Almost, Bryan. There is no hand swap, you hold the ken with your strong hand and do the stab with the same hand.

So, this one is not valid, but I'm sure you can do it.

Kev

Hi Bryan, good to have you on board. If you are going to try refilming your Endless Combo attempt don't forget to film in landscape not portrait too!

DamaLife24

Awesome! Thanks for the tips guys! New to all this forum stuff. So does this attempt forfeit me from attempting again until five more people have attempted?

Bryan Burnett

BKA

Nope, you can go again straight away. The "5 other people" rule assumes your trick has been accepted. Go for it!

DamaLife24

Awesome! Time to nail this with the same hand!

Bryan Burnett

BKA

Guessing you didn't really mean to post the same thing twice? Phone autofilling for you?