News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

European Kendama Open 2012

Started by BKA, 10 February, 2012, 16:33:23

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexSmith

Hey guys, quick little announcement for anyone attending the EJC:
We are going to be bringing some Terra Kendama products to sell! We'll only have a couple items, so anyone interested can come find me at the EJC for some more info. I'll be making a separate post about this in a few days time, with some more info and photos. We're excited to get some more Terra goods into the hands of European players! One of the kens we're bringing is probably one of the most beautiful we've ever made... can't wait to show off some photos!

KendaMushroom

save me something purple hearty!

The Void

Two brand new sealed Mugens in the prize pool. See my Twitter!

Thank you Yano-San!!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

SamB

Holy tamas! I'm off to practice...
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

AlexSmith

Today I begin seriously practicing. Have a few hours to kill before taking a train into Belgium. Woo!

HansNickmans

Dude, you're coming to Belgium? Where are you staying and for how long? Our community is only 5 (core) people or so, but still :-)
Kendama Belgium!

BKA

Schedule:
Sunday - Play!
Monday - Beginner & Advanced workshops. JKA gradings
Tuesday - JKA gradings
Wednesday - EKO
Thursday-Saturday - Play! BKA gradings for anyone who missed the chance of a JKA one.

Plus a 3pm game of K.E.N.D.A.M.A. Monday-Friday hosted by Mirek.

KendaMushroom

Tuesday it is!!! raaaaaaaaaaaaaage!!!

BKA

Some of the prizes for the EKO. Click the pic for more.
Also more prizes from Sunrise and Play, not pictured.

More valuable than any of the above: The amount of fun you'll have if you come.

AlexSmith

Hans, we're in Brussels for the night, then heading to Bruges in the morning and staying there for a night. Not sure how much time we'll have to meet up and play since our stay is rather short, but if you're near Bruges let me know! Will you be attending EJC?

Prize pool: Ooh OG sky blues! hehe

Also! I put a post up in the Gear forum (Check it here!) about some Terra gear we're bringing to the event. Check the post for more info and some photos!

HansNickmans

Too bad Alex, I live in Hasselt, which is the other side of the country from Bruges. Hope you have a great stay! Can't make it to the EJC..

Great prizes for the EKO! What type is the red one? An ancient JKA-kendama?
Kendama Belgium!

The Void

HELP NEEDED!

Okay chaps, I need a little bit of help to run the EKO. Is anyone up for one of the following roles?:

Kendama checker: All competitors will need to have their kendamas checked before they come onstage to make sure they are approved. Requires: Reasonable knowledge of a wide range of kendama models, and a willingness to say no firmly but fairly if they're not. You'll get a good seat for the whole comp.

Best Trick Compère and Secretary: I will be compiling the results as this goes on, so I can't run it. See the EKO 2011 video to see how it works. Requirements: (Compere:) Willingness to not participate in Best Trick, and the ability to keep talking and keep people moving with the mic. A good knowledge of kendama trick names will be useful. (Secretary:) The ability to listen, and write!
Raul will compère (Thank you!), just a secretary required now.

Speed Trick Challenge Judges: This year there will be no Pre-qualifying, all the heats will be onstage, but they will probably be several people at a time, so I'll need several judges at a time. Requirements: STC trick order committed to memory, plus the ability to shout "No" or "Yes" loudly and point at the same time.

Beginner Division Judges: 3 people required. Requirements: Good knowledge of all the tricks on the Beginner List. Scoresheet marking system will be explained. Positions filled, thanks, guys!

Advanced Division Secretary: Requirements: Someone who can write X for "miss" and O for "hit" when I call them out. Willingness to not participate in Advanced Division.

Registration: You have to register for the comp by 12.30 on the day, but it will help me a lot if I know roughly the numbers of people to expect in each division. So please reply here with which divisions you wish to enter: Beginner OR Advanced, and/or Speed Trick Challenge. (You do not have to register for Best Trick.)

Thanks for your help!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

You can count with me for the Best Trick Compère and Secretary (I don't mind not participating) and Beginner Division Judges for sure.

Speed Trick Challenge Judge I can do as well.

I plan to participate in the Advanced, not sure of the STC, probably not if I judge, yes otherwise.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Great, thank you! But "Best Trick Compère and Secretary" is 2 people, which would you like to be?
Oh, and you can be an STC judge and still compete, if we have enough judges... Actually, I may be just telling people on the day "You're a judge this round!". It seemed to work out okay last year.

Okay, let's start this list.

Beginner Competitors
?

Advanced Competitors
Raul Portales (ES)
Oase (RO)
Sam Bradley (UK) Pre-Dan
Matt Nix (UK)* 1st Dan
Johnny Malcolm (UK)*
Ian Haworth (UK)* 2nd Kyu
Katsuaki Shimadera (JP) 6th Dan
Tomoya Mukai (JP) 6th Dan
Toshihiko Ogawa (JP) 5th Dan
Tajima Akira (JP) 5th Dan
Tensui Sakai (JP) 5th Dan
Nicolas Schopfer (SUI) 3rd Dan
Daniela von Rohr (SUI)*
Thomas Holzer (SUI)*
Marc Wibbels (DE)* Pre-Dan
Alex Ruisch (NE) 2nd Dan
Jeffrey van Reeven (NE)* 1st Dan
Florian Zolda (AT)*
Mirek Šiřina (CZ)* 1st Kyu
Raphaël Cochet (FR?SUI?)*
Alex Smith (CA)
Kristin Olinyk (CA)*

STC Competitors
Raul Portales (ES)
Katsuaki Shimadera (JP)
Tomoya Mukai (JP)
Toshihiko Ogawa (JP)
Tajima Akira (JP)
Tensui Sakai (JP)
Alex Smith (CA)
Sam Bradley (UK)
Alex Ruisch (NE)
Nicolas Schopfer (SUI)

Best Trick Compère
Raul Portales

Beginner Judges
Raul Portales
Katsuaki Shimadera
Tomoya Mukai

Advanced Judge
Void

*Assumptions

Oase

i`m there !!!! i just organized everything so...i`m coming to !!...yes !!! please do tell me your email Void ..i need some guiding ..thank You !! Oase