News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Introduce yourself!

Started by BKA, 24 June, 2011, 15:09:04

Previous topic - Next topic

KendamaCake

Quote from: BKA on 07 October, 2013, 11:36:43
Hello Ash, welcome!
I'm sure you'll become even more addicted to kendama as time passes... we all have!
And in the words of Homer... "Mmmmm.... Cake!"
Aww thanks :)

johndmc

Hey all

Im John. Very new to Kendama, i was introduced to it through friend/work colleague when we went camping. I have recently bought my own and making progress through the simple basics. (i struggled with the spike for a while lol). Currently living in maidstone on kent, but from Wirral originally. Having loads of fun learning this  (and juggling also) I like the Rubiks cube as well. Well thats me really in a nut shell.

Hopefully will get the chance to meet up and learn more.

Thanks
Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)

Kev

Hi [user]johndmc[/user] - you've picked a nice and friendly forum here and a great new way to spend your time.

You've got plenty of time to get prepared for this too - http://kendama.co.uk/bko2014.html - hope to see you there!

:)

The Void

Hi John,
Welcome to the forum. There are a few clickers who hang out at TWJC http://www.jugglingedge.com/club.php?ClubID=1& ([user]Orinoco[/user], [user]Topper[/user], Simon), in case you fancy meeting up with someone near you. Check out the tutorials at http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,905.0.html to get you on your way with some good technique.
Hope you enjoy it here, cheers,
Void
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

johndmc

Thanks Kev and Void, I appreciate the help. will most likely check out the TWJC when I can and see if I can make any meetings.

As for next year that'd be cool if i could make it as well. Maybe even enter the beginners session. 

Thanks again
Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)

DominicCalimquim

Hey guys, my names Dominic and I finally came to making an account here. A little insight, ive been playing for a little over a year now, I live in Las Vegas and the community here is slowly, but surely growing. Im part of a little group that started kendama here in vegas called Lvken and am newly sponsored by Folken kendama! welp, hello all!

BKA

Welcome Dominic, good to have you here.
We've seen a fair bit of LVKen activity on Instagram, looks like you have a nice active scene there. Hope you enjoy it here. While you're here, why not be the first LV pin in http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=googlemap ? ;-)
Cheers!

kenyc

hi,
my name is joseph.
been playing kendama on and off since 2009? 2010?
been getting back into it recently.  ;D

BKA

Hi Joseph, welcome to the forum.
Guessing you might be in NYC from your user name. I think [user]MasterKatra42[/user], and possibly [user]Anthony A[/user] are still based around there too..
Cheers!
BKA

Dylan Morgan

My name is Dylan Morgan and I have been playing for almost 6 months. I make edits and have about 9 Kendamas total in my collection.

JeffreyItaliaander

Hello,
My name is Jeffrey Italiaander.
I'm 21 years old and been playing Kendama for over 2 years now (That long already? :o).
This summer I achieved my 2nd Dan in Toulouse at the EKO. That whole week was just.... no words..
I've finally decided to be more active on the forum. Also because I'm gonna try all the Consistency ladders that were done in the past. NEED. CONSISTENCY. I think that's my thing.
That is all.. :)

BKA

Hi Dylan,welcome. Post one of your videos in the Video forum, if you like. :)
Jeffrey, hello again! ;) Yeah, the time flies by so fast, doesn't it? Always fun with a kendama though.
Good to have you both here!

Will T

hi! I'm Will

I first started playing kendama about a year ago and since then I have been addicted to it!
my brother bought me my first kendama and at first I didn't play with it at first but after a month I took it with me on holiday
to rome, where I wouldn't stop doing it and would always be trying to land something. my brother was the one who taught me new tricks and made me progress, without him id probably still be stuck on spike!
he took me along to a meetup where I got to meet the void and other people. this inspired me and I loved being around them, playing games of ken, talking about kendama and just basically learning new things!
other than kendama I like to film and edit videos, I do a bit of magic and card manipulation, I like listening to music and watching films!

I just finished my first edit, view it here if you want!
http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1439.0.html

thanks!
Will

BKA

Hi Will,
Nice to see you on the forum!

To keep the board tidy, we've moved your video to a new thread here:
http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1439.0.html

Kendama Colombia

What is Kendama Colombia?

Kendama Colombia was created on 6th November 2013 by a group of enthusiastic Kendama players in order to establish the first Colombian Kendama community. In Kendama Colombia you will find all about Kendama, its history, photos, videos and everything that happens everyday in the local and global community. The goals of Kendama Colombia are:

-Encourage the practice of Kendama in Colombia.
-Establish good relationships among Kendama players in Colombia.
-Keeps the community updated about events and news of Kendama around the world.

Kendama Colombia website:
www.kendamacolombia.com

In the website you can find a page dedicated to Kendama Pro players:
www.kendamacolombia.com/#!jugadores-del-mundo/ci1x

If anyone wants to help us just contact us :)
kendamacolombia@gmail.com

In Colombia the Kendama community is in its beginnings so we would really appreciate any advice or comment :)
www.facebook.com/kendamacolombia
www.kendamacolombia.com