News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Kev

Today I found my new Terra Pill waiting for me when I got home . . . Been playing for about an hour, so far so good! Really fun little toy.

the milky oolong

[user]The Void[/user], those Falcon Dances and Rising Aeros giving you gyp, Void? Hope you're getting better, and not too disappointed about missing the trip to The North.

[user]Dimensions[/user] Was pretty astonished by the speed of anyone getting this after Alex's post - a testament to your practise dedication and also to KendAlex's tutorials!

Was working on the L.A.C. from the Bitter Beans Vol. 2 video (see topic below that nobody found all that interesting), took a break and landed Bat > Fast Hand Aeroplane - always wanted one of those, and it was a crisp'un, too!

*** Ooh, and cleaned up my Build The Lighthouse - Tap - Reverse On, not as easy as it sounds, but fun, especially when you celebrate with a Lighthouse Somersault before the spike. And get away with it.

Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

shalafi

I just landed a lunar to stilts, sitting down... well, I was trying to land it on the spike, but it landed quite solidly as stilts :)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Nice work guys!
Today I played for the first time in a week. Just a little gentle play to ease my back back into things, but I discovered Faster Than Hanging Triangle Lighthouse, which was nice. :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Waylon

Quote from: The Void on 17 October, 2013, 17:53:42
Nice work guys!
Today I played for the first time in a week. Just a little gentle play to ease my back back into things, but I discovered Faster Than Hanging Triangle Lighthouse, which was nice. :)

Glad to hear you're back at it :)

The Void

Today I edited the BKO 2014 Advanced trick list video.

Export, compress and upload still to come....
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Today I'm sitting down with my morning coffee, waiting for a Japanese TV crew to turn up at my house.  :o

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 25 October, 2013, 09:04:24
Today I'm sitting down with my morning coffee, waiting for a Japanese TV crew to turn up at my house.  :o

That's cool!

The Void

Well, that was fun.

Kev

Quote from: The Void on 25 October, 2013, 12:05:13
Well, that was fun.

Good stuff, what was it for?

And, today I started playing with whirlwinds for the first time and landed big cup > whirlwind > bigcup > whirlwind > spike which was nice.

Dimensions

[user]kev[/user] now do that combo with juggles or double whirlwinds!
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

The Void

Quote from: Kev on 25 October, 2013, 14:41:47Good stuff, what was it for?
Ah, what is anything for?

In a less philosophical answer: a TV show called "I Love Japan". I think it's going to go out in December, so I'll let you know when/if I manage to watch it/get a copy.

Kev

shalafi

Cool photo, Mr Void.

Yesterday I learned reverse gunslinger. It was worth a few points during Spikedama 4 :)

johndmc

Today i landed my first couple of aeroplanes! would not have even thought it was possible a month ago.  8)
Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)