News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

I call them spike and tama actually.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

the milky oolong

I have no idea what the official names of them are. [user]Roddama[/user] would most likely know.
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

modraska

Today I started struggling with spacewalks again. Started the day with 3 of them in a row and then 0 in like 50 attempts. It's a tricky one for me but I like it alot when it's spiked. In the meantime I did my first UFO and started learning all the juggle and whirlwind stuff.

the milky oolong

Keep on it, [user]modraska[/user], you'll get there!

Today I have the pleasure of meeting up with the guys from Kendama Leipzig and Munich, who have spontaneously decided to come to Berlin for the weekend! Happy about that! Yesterday learned from Kendama ISR's Aviram Lugassi how to do Lunar Rovers. ..And I was just done saying how quiet the Kendama scene in Berlin has been lately!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

After several days off due to insomnia/bad weather/knee pain/busyness, I tried 6th Dan practice again and passed. 5/20 November. Being able to practice outside makes a big difference for me, it seems.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

HansNickmans

Congrats Void! Are you planning on going back to Japan soon?
Kendama Belgium!

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 01 December, 2014, 12:35:18
Whenever I can raise the money.
That reminds me of KendaAlex and his "mugen sponsored" trips. It's in between quotes because what he does is to sell a few mugen from his collection to pay for the trip.

modraska

it started literally freezing outside which resulted into first juggle to bigcup and pull up kenflip spike. today i am happy with the progress.

BKA

Is the freezing connected to you getting the tricks? Well done anyway!

The Void

Today I beat my own Big Cup Juggle record. But off camera. Oh well.

modraska

when it's wet/icy/really really cold I have much more time for kendama, because i cant skate. how many juggles did you do Void?

The Void

5. (With a big cup catch between each juggle.)
2 is normally my limit!

The Void

Today I practiced outside, because I much prefer the space and daylight. But it was breezy and cold, so was a pretty bad practice for me. Pesky winter, bahhhhhh.
I also recorded the trick lists for February's LKO the other day. (They will be released in January.)

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 02 December, 2014, 11:27:03
5. (With a big cup catch between each juggle.)
2 is normally my limit!
5 is quite a lot. I want to get some practice on that with a stringless kendama.