News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Practising the Pro ladder for the Copenhagen Getdown, I got my times down[nb]See what I did there?[/nb] to 14 minutes (again), 8 minutes, 9m15 and 5m22! It's almost as if practising stuff makes it work better! ;) My Whirlwinds are coming along nicely, that's for sure.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Today I did Around Denmark twice in a row. Just 2 days late :)
That could be a wiining run in the " How many times..." thread!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

the milky oolong

Managed a delayed aeroplane balancing the ken spike-wise on one finger before the landing. Came to me after watching Wiens do similar stuff in a video. Repeated attempts to land this have been fruitless.
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

BKA

primechicken

Today I did bird turn over the valley  :D
(at least that's what I assume it would be called)

KCN battles are BEASTS for birds and stalls

WTP

Today, I finally got Flip lighthouse to drop/trade nightingale to in. Progress, woohoo!

SamB

Quote from: WTP on 06 December, 2012, 04:40:21
Today, I finally got Flip lighthouse to drop/trade nightingale to in. Progress, woohoo!
I'm guessing 1-turn lightouse -> switch -> small cup bird? If so I also did that today for the first time, and it was trickier than I thought it would be.
Also got my first bird turn over the valley, seems practicing birds loads is starting to pay off!
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

the milky oolong

Quote from: BKA on 05 December, 2012, 11:51:40
Nice job. (Have you also seen 02:00 in http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,419.0.html ?)

My word, what an amazing finish. I'd seen this video before, but it seems the more one practises kendama the more astonished one is by the tricks. The hanging inside Lunar thing (1:03) is such a stylish trick, even without the second flip. Incredible.
Kendama Berlin

BKA

Yep, Matt's a bit good. That's why he's the British champ! :)

HansNickmans

Today I got through all the DAN-tricks;

Nic once made a consistency competition (9?) of all of these and ever since that list is in my wallet. I only got through it once, with a lot of misses (I stopped counting), like half a year ago. Today I gave it another go with my beat up sunrise, and after a lot of misses on the lighthouse somersault and 2-turn lighthouse I finally landed all of them.

Now to get those misses out of there... (this is doing wonders for the consistency of the first couple of tricks..)
Kendama Belgium!

Thorny

Today I managed to get (simultaneous) Around The World with an oozora in my right hand and a shin fuji in my left! Been practising switch-dama quite a lot recently and it's getting somewhere now! Want to self-certify myself Switch 1st Dan but I've yet to get 200 Switchkame... I think my best so far is aroun 160/180.

The Void

Nice one Hans.
Thorny, if you can get half as far with a grading with your weak hand, that's v impressive.

Today I did 5 Moon Circles in a row. :)

the milky oolong

Wow Void, that's a tall order.

Today the lighthouse gods were with me, letting me land all manner of Hanging 1-Turn, 1-Turn, Jumping Stick to Lighthouse, and 'Hanging Triange Lighthouse', or whatever that's called. I feel blessed!
Kendama Berlin

The Void

Thanks. I was just thinking "I haven't tried Moon Circle for a while... let's give it a brush-up". After a couple of misses, I got one, and then landed my next attempt too. That reminded me that about 12-18 months ago, K.Cima had shown me a video of a Japanese competition, and in it he'd managed to get 3 Moon Circles in a row. At the time, I was amazed and impressed (now I'm "only" impressed ;) ), but it just goes to show that with perseverance ("Nebari!") you can exceed your own expectations.

On which note... nice one on the LHs - perhaps it was a breakthrough day for you.

HansNickmans

Today I played a lot of kendama (inspired by Where We Are I guess...)

The best trick I got today was an Earth Turn with a reverse whirlwind. Was struggling a lot to get the opposite spins right... but than I threw a lot of knees in. Again proof of the power of knees!

Dama Sunday!

Kendama Belgium!