News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama Belgium @ Vacation Salon, Brussels - 7-8th February, 2015

Started by HansNickmans, 14 January, 2015, 12:26:13

Previous topic - Next topic

HansNickmans

The Japanese Tourism Agency contacted me last year through this forum (thanks BKA), looking for someone in Belgium to give a kendama workshop/demonstration.

I will be at the stand of Japan for two days, from 10-18h. The local circus shop (www.circusjojo.be) is supplying us with kendamas, and sponsoring our promo material.

Hope to find some new clickers out there!

Kendama Belgium!

shalafi

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

HansNickmans

So my legs are sore after two days of non-stop kendama...

I was welcomed at the Japan booth by a lot of very nice people. They scheduled three demonstrations every day at the front of the booth, and bought some Shin Fujis to let people try. A lot of people were interested and a lot of people tried it out. In between demonstrations I relocated to the other side of the booth, again letting people who were interested try.

The trying public was really diverse, going from kids to their grandparents. Some people (including those from the Tourisme Agency/Embassy) got up to spike several times. Smiles all around.

We managed to make some good contacts with the Japanese Embassy (apparently there are some possibilities next year), someone from a Japanese school and a bonsai salesman.

So all in all, a good day for Kendama in Belgium. We have some pictures, coming up on our facebook page in the next few days.
Hopefully we can repeat it next year!
Kendama Belgium!

BKA

shalafi

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

LarsVegas

Promoting Kendama is always big fun. If it's part of a fair or exhibition, people are in a good mood and willing to experiment. Great chance for lots of laughs.
Good thing, Hans, that you could do (and possibly expand) that!
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion