News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Introduce yourself!

Started by BKA, 24 June, 2011, 15:09:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarett Slater

Hi,  :)
i am Jarett from germany, i started to play kendama in april,
a friend of mine had kendama long before i have known him he never really played a year ago an other friend started to play and he played every day and told alot of people to buy one, thats how i came to kendama :)
I am working on a edit at the moment, thats my favorite edit from me watch it if you want and enjoy :)
I am getting sponsored by kendama.de :)

KendAlex

Welcome Jarett.
And congratulations with the Somersault record of 22 times,

Keep up the good work

BKA

Hi Jarett,
Welcome aboard! Feel free to post any more of your edits in the Videos section.
Cheers!

TheBlackLion

Hi,

my name is Dorian Timmermans and I'm 17 (nearly 18). I'm from Belgium (speak French) and I play Kendama for about 3-4 month, though I don't play very often.
I discovered Kendama because I first discovered a very old bilboquet in my attic and thought it was fun. Then I discovered bilboquet freestyle videos on Youtube and necessarily Kendama. I directly fell in love with the concept and decided to buy one.
I'm yet editing my first edit, it will came out in few days I hope.

Beside Kendama I love good movies, music (mostly electronica and underground stuff), photography and making videos. Sometimes I play games on computer or go out with friends.

I just discovered this forum and thought it is a great occasion to learn things and participate to projects and competions or share Kendama ideas with others.

So, Hi all! :)

BKA

Hi Dorian,

Welcome to the forum. Hans is from Belgium too.

"The Black Lion"? You sound like a pub! :)

AverieLee

Hi

My names Averie, I'm from United States Illinois found this site from watching KendAlex record videos decided to give it a google search.
I've been play for a year now but if you take in to concentration that I didn't play for 5 odd months it half of that XD.  Not a fan of Lunars and Spacewalks but I they are both very fun tricks.
Trying to start making my own kendamas. Alex Smith I'm the guy on youtube Jokeboxproduction that email you about Wood turning tips for kendamas.  You guys will see some edits from me soon....once my lens for camera comes in. The two Kendamas I have are Pink Oozora and USA Premiere.     

BKA

Hi Averie,
Welcome to the forum!
So if you don't like those tricks, which is your favourite?
We look forward to seeing your videos, and your kendamas if you start making some!
Cheers.

Benjugglin

I don't think I've introduced myself yet.

The name's Ben Thompson. I live in MN/WI USA and I'm a juggler. At least, I'm better at juggling than kendama. I do more kendama these days than juggling, but those that know me will tell you my juggling practice schedule has never been too impressive. Juggling videos and one kendama video of me can be found at www.youtube.com/juggles14

My kendama story:
I got my first kendama from one of my high school teachers. He had it in his room so we could play with it before class - on the last day of school I picked it up and spiked it on my first try. I spent a few minutes playing with cup/spike combos and apparently I looked like I was having too much fun to continue not owning it so it was gifted upon me. The hardest trick I managed over the next few years was a bird. I never stopped to consider the full range of possibilities. At the WJF7 convention, I saw some crazy kendama action and was inspired to work harder. I won the beginner battle and got a sparkly gold focus kendama. Now I'm the proud doer of a hundred tricks I couldn't do a year ago and an avid reader (if not poster) of this forum.

BKA

Hi Ben,
Welcome aboard. Hey that stringless video of yours is pretty neat. I liked the "ken-birds" section.

Benjugglin

Quote from: BKA on 30 December, 2011, 13:23:43
Hi Ben,
Welcome aboard. Hey that stringless video of yours is pretty neat. I liked the "ken-birds" section.

My favorite part as well. And it's not hard. I encourage everyone to play around with it.

Buddhaprice

Hello Everybody My names ryan but for stage purposes and the internet i tend to go by Buddhaprice. I am a musician and dj from Wolcott, Connecticut but I now live in Seminole Florida in the United States.I was introduced to kendama by an evil exgirlfriend surprisingly. I felt very defeated when I first picked one up and needed to over come catching the ball on at least one cup...well i made that catch Then I became ADDICTED. Soon after I put that S.O.B ball on the spike and it felt amazing.Then I started to youtube kendama I found Colin,Dutchkendama,kendama joes first few tutorials and I became infatuated for a minute I had a light blue oozora and played that for about 4 months then put it down for a while. Then one day I needed a way to relive some stress and found kendama to be like a selfishly positive zen for I didnt have to struggle to just juggle I could expand and do new things and try to continue doing so ever since, I have given out for free over 8 kendamas to close friends this past year and try to expose this game to new faces everyday.I know own about 5 oozoras including a original Pink, and green also a white and Black Rabbit(black never opened).I have 4 kendamausa Tributes,one sunrise, and two battle rastas from kendamacn(one still in package)
my addiction and dedication has grown excessively since last january. 
One thing I feel necessary to share is that kendama is so great because your only competition is with in yourself, . you can Share with others your skills and hopefully never feel discouraged with what the next man is doing only draw inspiration its all about pressing yourself being creative but most important having a great time and if your lucky with great people.Alot of people on this forum have inspired me to become a better player and im glad to be part of it :)

BKA

Welcome, Buddha,
Sounds like you're as deeply addicted as the rest of us - you should fit in just fine! :)
Good to have you aboard.

GODstrument

Hello Folks,

My name is Erik Pereira.  I live in Elk Grove, California, USA but was born in Sacramento.  I just started playing kendama in May of 2011.  My SACKENDAMA friends were posting amazing, talent-filled edits on youtube and facebook and i was just caught up.  So I bought a natural Oozora and was hooked.  I brought my kendama to work, St. Charles Borromeo School, and played with it at recess.  Now many of my students are hooked on kendama.  We are starting a Kendama Club this year.  I have collected quite a few kendamas  in my short time.  Fifteen to be exact.  One of my goals is to collect all six different colored JKA labeled kendamas. 

BKA

Hi Erik,
Welcome aboard.
Nice work on getting other players hooked on kendama too!
Good luck in your collection quest!

ChrisD

Hi, I'm Chris, from Norwich, and I mostly juggle clubs and balls.  I bought my first Kendama a couple of weeks back, partly as a means of staying sane over Christmas. (Thanks Void, it did arrive in time!)  I'm greatly enjoying the fun of achieving first successes with the easy tricks, whilst simultaneously boggling at how on earth some of you lot manage the trickier ones which look close to impossible.

A happy turn of events means I've just found out I can attend Chocfest at the end of the month.  So I'm currently harbouring delusional fantasies of entering the beginners division of the BKA NRC, never mind that I can only do about half the tricks on the list yet *at all*, let alone reliably, to order.  Perhaps someone could tell me if this is with the spirit of things, or if you prefer a bit more polish?!