News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

What's that trick called...

Started by John, 03 August, 2011, 17:14:47

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

So, probably
Small Monkey's Chair > Big Monkey's Chair
then.

the milky oolong

Fair enough. I've not had time to try Everest proper yet but it seems to me miles easier than the 'over-the-valleying' the Big Cup. Thanks for the translation into Kendamaspeak.

J
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

axel.aas.12

this sequence: spike -> big cup -> spike -> small cup -> spike -> base cup -> spike./
Working on lunar flips.

Wu Tang Forever!

the milky oolong

This is basically Around the Cosmos without the initial crosspiece landing (land as for Slip-on Stick), check out [user]Void[/user] doing it multiple times here:

Around The Cosmos - Consecutive connected run - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

Kendama Berlin

BKA

Perhaps better expressed as
Spike -> Around Europe
?

the milky oolong

I yield, sir. Still, was good to see some old Void footage, no?  :P
Kendama Berlin

andrewyip

what is the name of the trick when you are on lunar and you spin the ball and go on inward lunar? help please!!! want to know

andrewyip

basecup/candlestick spin?
is the the name of the trick? im not sure! saw it in kendama usa edits but not sure

HansNickmans

Quote from: andrewyip on 04 January, 2014, 00:12:22what is the name of the trick when you are on lunar and you spin the ball and go on inward lunar? help please!!! want to know
If I am correct, that is a 'Lunar Rover'. Don't know who named it, but it's in 'Click'. There are different variations based on whether the ken does a half or a full turn, but I think the name stays the same.
Kendama Belgium!

BKA

Quote from: andrewyip on 04 January, 2014, 00:13:08basecup/candlestick spin?
is the the name of the trick? im not sure! saw it in kendama usa edits but not sure
Video link/time?

andrewyip

hey guys. i noticed and saw these super cool tricks that were done when doing a spacwalk. and i wanted to know what the names were and how to do it. for example in alex ramos folken kendama edit, i saw that he was using his left hand and was holding the ball (tama) and was like sliding it off of his hand and catching the ball (tama) still. btw he is righthanded. sorry if i confused you guys with this. but i really thought this was a cool trick and wanted to learn it. anyway thanks!  :D

BKA

andrewyip

BKA

Those would be (side-on) Scrambles.
See #4, "Scramble Aeroplane" here

To do them, start as you would for an Aeroplane, then release the tama when the ken is at the bottom, and gently push back against the string with the heel of your hand. The weight and momentum of the ken should make the kendama spin around your hand. Then it's up to you to get the timing of the catch right.

Good luck.

andrewyip

thanks a lot! i got this trick my second try after dropping it on the ground :P lol. but what is this move that turner throne is doing? its super cool and i was wondering. it was from 4:00- 4:03