News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

What's that trick called...

Started by John, 03 August, 2011, 17:14:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Sqveel

*please bear with my terrible terminology here. I'm still  a noob*

Is there a name for the type of "launch" i've been doing today? starting with the ken and tama in opposite hands held horizontally at full string length, then drop the tama and let it swing the full 180 degrees a few times before swinging it round the "full circle" and landing on wherever you want (i've been hitting small cup so i can continue onto the small-bass-big moshi kami style thing i've been loving recently.)

BKA

Your holding on to the ken the whole time? Then that's a Loop... [Small Cup].

Sqveel

yeah i am, all the times i let go of both completely for a moment it ends in disaster. and thanks :)

BKA

Boarder's Balance>Double Somersault>In.

Also, please note, there is a "What's that trick called?" thread, just for these questions.

panagiotis bastas

thanks administrator.
i hope not to do something wrong?   :(

BKA

No problem, but it's just "tidier" to always have these questions in one place.
So people can read through the whole thread to
a) see if the question has already been asked
b) maybe learn some other trick names they didn't know.

:D

mackdama

What is it called when you go from big cup and spin the ken in a 360 long ways then catch it big up again? Sort of like a kick flip with a skate board. Sorry if this has been asked already.

panagiotis bastas

big cup-whirlwind-big cup if i get it rigth. :P

Sqveel

What's the name of the balance before you spike it on slip-on-stick? Catching it resting on the spike "top side" of the cross piece is my favourite place to land it but I have no idea what it's called.

the milky oolong

Think you mean this. It has been answered already a few times. Frying Pan is the given name for it.

Quote from: quadraptor on 31 May, 2014, 00:48:30
So...I don't know if there's a name for this trick or not, thought I'd just ask and see if anyone had a clue.  It's a beginner trick but does take a few tries to balance it right.  I just took a couple of pictures because I honestly have no idea if this has a name or not.

Quite simply, it's a 'bird' but catching the tama on the side of the spike instead of catching it between the spike and the cup.

Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Earth Turner

What is that trick called when the string gets raped around the ken and lands on the bottom cup and stays their

axel.aas.12

Working on lunar flips.

Wu Tang Forever!

BenPycroft24

I've been wondering about a trick for a while now.  I've seen people do this during a hand roll. They spin the ken and tama around their finger. It's not a finger roll. I can't find the name for it. Really want to learn this trick though, kind of annoying. Any help would be great.

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!