News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

ray

Quote from: The Void on 16 October, 2015, 13:59:38
I realised this morning that I haven't played kendama since Monday...
Do you play kendama all days? :O

Today I... got Bird in!
Enjoy your life. Circus and love!

The Void

I try to! It's how to get better.

Bird>In? Nice one!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

donald grant

Had a slightly chilly film session with Pete the other day: off to go look at what we caught tonight....

ray

Wow, I don't know how many time I'll have the passion to play kendama.

Today I... got 7 of 10 birds. Swing in progress very slow
Enjoy your life. Circus and love!

Kev

Well done @ray - it's funny how different tricks are hard for different people. When I learnt swing in I could only dream of landing one bird let alone seven!

As ever practice and patience are the answer but here's a tip that might help.

Wait for the tama to rise to the highest point where the string is horizontal and parallel to the floor, at this point give your elbow a sharp but small jab directly backwards, this should give the ball enough rotation to float over nicely.

Warning, don't jab too hard or you'll risk losing a tooth!

shalafi

Quote from: ray on 23 October, 2015, 00:49:02
   Wow, I don't know how many time I'll have the passion to play kendama.

Today I... got 7 of 10 birds. Swing in progress very slow

This is amazing progression. Well done. I hope this passion stays with you for years to come :)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Today I thought about playing kendama. But with rain and cold, and tiredness, I decided to have a day off. Sometimes you need a rest. :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

BKA

Do you think Yamahi was pleased to hit his first Lunar Rover?

#jumpforjoy

the milky oolong

Sweet, gobsmacked joy!

Today I played Kendama with KendamaEurope and some of the wider German kendama scene; landed (loaded tama grip)  Tap 540 Jumping Stick > Trade Spike, and even landed probably my second ever Triple Jumping Stick first try in a supposed race. So I know all about gobsmacked this weekend too!

Click on, people!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

KenSan

I managed to land the base cup two turn aeroplane that I set in the endless combo. Hurrah! Needs some refinement though :o
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

The Void

Tonight at the juggling club, I also had a few goes at that one, KenSan. Didn't get it, but definitely felt I could. Newbie Dylan had his first clicks. I also tried the latest EC, and eventually got it after resorting to a grippy tama. Also, @charlieforsyth hit his 4th ever Lunar, and @Rich and I had a game of BOX with cigar boxes, as well as a couple of games of ComBones.

Also Rich and I each got a quick trick on video, which I'll get online tomorrow.

shalafi

yesterday I practice stab earth turns, and they feel way easier than the last time I practiced them. Working on other tricks really improves your overall performance :)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

I got a move on video today that I'd tried a couple of times before. Should see the light of day tomorrow.

The Void

Ah, here it is:

QuoteA #halloween #kendama trick from #TheVoid. Killing a Dead Body Heli on his natty #RoyalKendama. #けん玉 #Royalist.

Oh, and our repost comp ends later today, so be quick! #win